Jetbeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTN: ALL DEALERS & MANUFACTURERS!!!

Default Re: ATTN: ALL DEALERS & MANUFACTURERS!!!

I think that this is a very good move !

Well done Sasha and Empath !

Marco V.
    ----------------------------------> W.T.B. Spy Tri-V SW-GG <-------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Miciobigio View Post
    Well done Sasha and Team !
    I made a little correction.

Sasha is part of the team, but she is the one at the forefront. That billing can't be shared by any other single person When the team gets through with our brainstorming, and often highly charged discussions and exchange of ideas, Sasha is the one that puts in the labor and makes it a physical reality. I too say well done - to Sasha and Team.

I couldn't really feel right being placed on the same rung. I'm humbled, just being part of team. It's just as we all feel fortunate to be part of CPF. CPF deserves the best, even if we have to keep fine-tuning it.

Im still not clear on this.

if i make a light or two or four a year and sell it for minimal gain, what are my obligations to support CPF?

i am not against supporting CPF - but whats the line?

it would be great fun to make a few lights a year and generally pass them off at break-even to my fellow members.

if i sell flashlights I MADE am i required to become a sponsor of some sort?
    the regulations arent looking simple enough.

what if i wanted to put up my Savegemodz fenix altiods light?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBxzW7R6rEo

as a sale, its negative value.
    if anyone else tried to build an exact replica at the wages i would charge anyone (yes - my employer) for their time -
    theres $20 in labor
    ballpark $40 for the L2T (google result)
    buck or two for the altoids product.
    buck or so for the solder.
    couple of bucks for the epoxy.
    bout 5 bucks for the pattery holder from the rat.
    buck minimum for the batteries.

anit nobody gonna pay $71 for my creations as a small time guy.

you add on a few bucks for a subscription and we have a $75 dollar light to sell, thats worth about (maybe) $25 taking a $50 dollar hit to share with the community.

i just dont see how this is supposed ot work in my case?

are you willing to look the other way while i sell a few units a year via PM?

what am i supposed to do as a small time guy who wants to share?

(and to be clear - i dont give a damn about making a profit. thats not why im in the flashlight community.
    i would ba happy to make a few lights a year and break even - but be compensated for time and materials to the break even point.)
    Last edited by orionlion82; 08-26-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Hi Orion,

I believe what JS and Sasha covered above in this thread would apply to you. If I'm off base there, someone may want to correct or clarify, but in your case, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Meaning, you won't be forced to pony up for the occasional mod that you're just looking to break even on. Especially for one-off experiments like the Savage Altoids mod. You should be good to go.

There was also a thread dealing specifically with this topic a number of months back, and that's the gist I got... IIRC that is.

Sasha and Maet,

FWIW, I definitely like the latest fine tuning. To me, CPF feels more intuitive than ever, and as Bernie mentioned, logical. It now feels more like a well organized filing cabinet! Excellent!
    I'm an excellent driver. Of course I don't have my underwear... I'm definitely not wearing my underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerboy View Post
    Hi Orion,

I believe what JS and Sasha covered above in this thread would apply to you. If I'm off base there, someone may want to correct or clarify, but in your case, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Meaning, you won't be forced to pony up for the occasional mod that you're just looking to break even on. Especially for one-off experiments like the Savage Altoids mod. You should be good to go.

There was also a thread dealing specifically with this topic a number of
    well if you see it more clearly than i do then hats off.

couple of fun little deals a year, and i dont have to worry.

if i make it my buisness : read commercial enterprise -then ive crossed the line and its time to give back and fulfill my obligations.

sound right to anybody else?

think its a great thing to be happened.

keeping the rest enjoying the hobby

well one shld 'pay' if one is getting paid also.

jus my 2 cents,
    cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12