Analyze/Refresh Charge/Discharge rates? Maha C9000

PegAir

Newly Enlightened
So I can't find this despite all my searching ..

Trying to figure out what's the right thing to do. Manual is silent on this, and since the break in mode already uses the 0.1 C values, I guess the Refresh/Analyze mode is designed for higher current. Since charging below 0.5 C is a bad idea its probably closer to the normal charge rate.

So my best guess is, that for Analyzing one should charge at the rate they normally charge to, and discharge at the rate their device normally utilizes so that you can better match battery pairs to your real world usage.

For Refreshing .. hmm .. huh .. I dunno, does the Refresh/Analyze mode time out at 16 hours? Is 0.1 C okay to use, or does the Maha need to self terminate in order to enter the discharge phase? :thinking:

Oh and in the product improvement arena, it might be nice if you could set the max mAh to load into a battery. IOW .. lets say your loading up a 900 mAh AAA. So you might set the max at 1800 so that a failure to self terminate isn't all so serious. Even better would be if the charger had an option to tell it the capacity of the battery, then it could intelligently (e.g. look up table) select a max cut off based on the charge rate (since longer charge rates waste more charge).

I wonder if there is a Maha suggestion box. :)

Last edited:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello PegAir,

I generally recommend charging in the 0.5C - 1.0C range, or at 0.1C. Discharging, for most consumer cells, should be kept below about 5C and the maximum before the cell falls flat on its face is usually around 3C.

Within these general ranges, you are free to "play..." :)

Tom

PegAir

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! :wave:

Soo .. will the Analyze mode terminate charge and to go discharge at the 0.1C rate? I might have to try that after this current break-in cycle is done. Gonna be awhile! :sleepy: :popcorn: :sleepy: :party: