Streamlight battery quality - CR123's?

sid_post

Newly Enlightened
Looking at the Lighthound website, the Streamlight CR123 batteries caught my attention because they are priced so well.

Are these batteries in the same general level of performance and quality as the Duracells or SureFires?

I'm looking for batteries to power a SureFire M4 and some other LED lights. Of course, I have a few of the normal SureFire lights as well that occasionally need batteries (G2, E2, etc.).

Thanks!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
from experience of a couple for comparison purposes the streamlights were very similar to energizers.
streamlights were a little better than surefires.
duracells gave the best runtimes.
batterstation weren't good but were inexpensive.

i currently buy and use streamlights but have purchased a few duracells and might buy more since i've found this site:

http://www.batterywarehousedirect.com/2.html?m5:cat=/CR123A

they have duracells as cheap as $1.75 if you buy 48 or more, flat $4.95 shipping rate

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi sid_post! I see you are new here!

At the top of most forums in CPF is a list of sticky threads. The batteries forum has this one: Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included - Threads of Interest

Inside that thread there are a few useful threads. One of these is actually a CR123 shootout: here. It compares different brands of batteries at different levels of discharge.

Lighthound has quantity discounts for CR123 cells (eg streamlight for 1.34 each in quantity) and John there is a great guy. My experience is that Surefire, Energizer, Duracell and Rayovac cells are good. Batterystation has Rayovac 123 cells for 1.50 each in quantities of 50.

For safety reasons I would not use cells made anywhere apart from the USA. All the cells I have listed above are made in the USA, as far as I know.

I hope that helps you!

Last edited:

sid_post

Newly Enlightened
Hi sid_post! I see you are new here!

At the top of most forums in CPF is a list of sticky threads. The batteries forum has this one: Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included - Threads of Interest

I hope that helps you!

Thanks! I read a sticky, I thought in this forum, that was a battery shoot out done in 2004. Batteries change over time so, I was looking for confirmation of current ratings. Looks like my searching missed the thread you referenced. Thanks again!

xiaowenzu

Banned
From my experience using my Surefire U2, Duracell Ultras give the longest runtimes, followed closely by Surefires, Sanyos and Energizers. I'm pretty sure that Streamlight would perform as well as these top brand batteries being USA manufactured themselves.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Streamlight batteries and they are very good.

Same here. The Streamlight batteries I have were made in USA, but I cannot tell from the photo at Lighthound whether that is true for the Streamlight batteries they sell.