Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum (START HERE)

Default Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum (START HERE)

Welcome to SPY Central!

Here is where you will find everything SPY. My business name is Cool Fall Inc. For those that do not know, I have a line of flashlights that I design and build. The SPY is a two-cell every-day-carry using CR123A batteries. It is a tiny light, smaller than most cell phones. The light employs a super micro rotary switch that controls 6 levels of output via the small round rotary knob that is just parallel to the bezel. The lights are machined from billet aluminum, SS304, titanium and Damascus. The custom light engine is micro processor controlled and user adjustable.

aluminum & chrome

aluminum & damascus

all titanium

Stone Washed Gunner Grip

three emitters

Droid 58 Caribeener

A little background; Cool Fall has existed for a decade. I started out designing bindings for the snowboarding industry and a cool fall (early snow season) is what we all hope for. Cool Fall is my forum name and now the SPY flashlight is what Cool Fall is all about.

But before I go on , I would like to take this spot to thank Sasha and all the moderators for giving me my own forum here on CPF. I am humbled and very excited. Rothrandir is my forum moderator. We met at the Ghost MTN trip in 2005 and Shot in 2008 and I am happy to have a "machinist" looking over my shoulder.

dat2zip and McGizmo are my partners in crime here on CPF. Without their help and parts, the SPY would not be possible.

I promise to make this a fun place! We all collect flashlights because we love them. They are among the greatest tools because they are useful and they are fun.

Sales Status 2014:

007 XP-G2 is available

007 XM-L2 is available

Tri-V2's are sold out.

Droid Carabiner is temporarily out of stock

007 / Tri-V GPA available here

007 / Tri-V magnetic base available here

Please watch the Cool Fall threads for other updates.

SPY sales details:

I sell my flashlights only after they are complete and ready to ship. In the past I did use sign-up lists. However now a days, I post a sales thread listing what is available. If you follow my current threads you will get pre-notification of any pending sale. Alternatively, you can send me email and I will put it in my notify folder. When a sales thread is posted, the first X number of people that subsequently post in that thread that they want a light, are in.

Index to current flashlight threads:

007 Owners Manual

Tri-V Owners Manual

007 picture thread

Tri-V picture thread

titanium care and cleaning thread

005 STFu MK-I and early 007 STFu MK-I (serial number less than 500) programming thread

Please subscribe to the thread at this link ==> "Subscribe to Cool Fall again " to get notification of sales and new product introductions

Cheers
    Dave
    Twitter
    Last edited by Data; 06-17-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Default Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum

Cool Dave!!
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Chris

This is just great. I don't own one of yours or Don's but they are some of my favorites to read about. Heck I like almost all customs but with yours I always hear that 007 guitar picking away. So now I know just where to go to keep up with this exquisite light.

Congratulations, Dave and Kudos to McGizmo and Wayne for helping you. It's like you moved out of the cube farm into a private office.
    Last edited by Icebreak; 08-27-2007 at 02:08 PM.
    The oldtimers are forever bound to the universe of flashlights. They reside just above the torch lit stratosphere where the good photons pass by. As these oldtimers locomote on their appointed ways, occasionally an unusual glimmer from below catches their attention.

They may give a nod or a word.

Flashaholic*

Congrats on the new forum. You need a sticky on history, models, specs a la McGizmo.... when you get a chance.
    ::I don't always carry a flashlight, but when I do, I prefer Tri-V. Stay illuminated my friends::

Hi Dave !

Good to see you have your own place now. Now quit talking and start making my new ti spy ...

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

LOL, not so fast bernie! The 007 has to wait till my wife sees the tree house is done. But, I sneak around at night working on the 007 anyway.

I am about to post my tree house project in just a few minutes.

Cheers
    Dave

Actually ... if you could wait with the 007 until MY wife is kinda away would be nice, too

AND ... quit making me jeleaus with that tree house fo yours !!! This is so absolutely frigging amazing!

bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Congrats on your new forum, Dave!

Oh, and if Roth gives you any trouble lemme know. I got some pics that should keep him in check.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    I am about to post my tree house project in just a few minutes.
    I thought that thing was done! Looking forward to seeing the progress..

I dig the name "Cool Fall" - good stuff.

I'm glad you've got your own forum, Dave... now, like they said, finish that ol' treehouse of yours, and get going on our Ti!

john

Congratulations

Obviously the Spy 005 is one of my favorite lights (note avatar)
    presently my Spy is traveling to visit data2zip for new internals (I am excited!!) Also waiting patiently for the 007 Ti (unlike Bernie )

Dave, I really enjoy reading about your lights (tree house's, too) and am excited about your new Home on CPF.

Threads like these, keep me coming back.

Good Luck in all your endeavors.

jeffb

Cool Daddy Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Cool Dave!!
    Fall Dave!!
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Beer is finally cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

Buttrock Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum

Hey Dave, Steve 'Bond' Cox
    here!!, Congrats on the forum!!!! Lookin forwards to reading loads of good stuff here.

BTW guys, if you DONT have one of D's lights, your missin out - they are exceptional in every way. The quality is brilliant, great to hold and use. The performance and UI is 1st class - start saving for 007!!!!

Regs and respect man!!!!!

Steve

Just came across this Dave. Congratulations!! You'll see me here!!

Karl
    Last edited by karlthev; 09-05-2007 at 05:03 PM.

Flashaholic

Congrats Dave. Well deserved!

Chelly

Congratulations on your new forum. I don't have one of your lights yet, but I am very impressed with the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling View Post
    Hi Dave !

Good to see you have your own place now. Now quit talking and start making my new ti spy ...

bernie
    +1................ I cannot think of a Cooler start to the Fall than a nice new Ti007.
    Favs: TiPD-S's, Spy 007s

Just stumbled on this and feel I gotta have one...how does one buy one of these beauties?

status in 1st post

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Just stumbled on this and feel I gotta have one...how does one buy one of these beauties?
    I sell my flashlights only after they are complete and ready to ship. In the past I did use sign-up lists. However now a days, I post a sales thread listing what is available. If you follow my current threads you will get pre-notification of any pending sale. Alternatively, you can send me email and I will put it in my notify folder. When a sales thread is posted, the first X number of people that subsequently post in that thread that they want a light, are in.

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Data; 04-21-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Enlightened

Spy is the most beautiful design I've seen. You guys did an amazing job with this. I'm going to be watching for the next run of these gems.
    May the light be with you.

Welcome Raytech,

You have just entered the home of 1 (one) very, very skilled lightskateer, 27(ish) very smug people and a huge Covert (which I believe is the collective name) of very jealous and anxious Spy flashaholics!

Make yourself comfy this be a good place.

Hods
    Favs: TiPD-S's, Spy 007s

How much and can I get it in time for Christmas?

The 007 is to be offered by Data in a Cree form very soon. There had been previous offerings but this is the latest. You might do well to send him an e-mail to re-state your interest. I'm sure he will be as interested as you will be impressed should you be fortunate to purchase one!!

Karl

==================================================
    ========================
    This post is from the HTML recovered from Google Cashed Data. It represents the information from the original posts made by various CPF members to this thread. Rebuilding this thread was necessary because the original posts were lost in the "Great CPF Server Crash of 2011".
    ========================
    ==================================================

Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forumWritten by RollerPodger on 01-27-2011 01:45 PM GMT

Hi Just wanted to check it these are still available I am very much interested in one thanks

Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum
    Written by Data on 01-28-2011 08:37 AM GMT

Quote Originally Posted by RollerPodger
    Hi Just wanted to check it these are still available I am
    very much interested in one thanks
    Yes they are. The first post is current and provides links to the active sales threads.Yes they are. The first post is current and provides links to the active sales threads.

Cheers
    Dave

Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forumWritten by blitzlicht65 on 02-04-2011 10:43 PM GMT

Hi Dave,

I've sent you an email.

I hope you've got it?

Greetings

Dirk

Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forumWritten by njet212 on Unknown

Lokks like he was very busy doing the next SPY Tri V for next run ??

Dave if you see this, please respond to my email.

Thanks,

Chandra

Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forumWritten by karlthev on Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Data
    Yes they are. The first post is current and provides links to the active sales threads.

Cheers
    Dave
    I just spoke with Dave the oher day. He is alive, kicking and in active production! As per his advice, check with the first post as to linking for sales of the amazing SPY series.

Karl
    Last edited by Data; 03-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.

The link to the sales thread leads to an unrelated discussion about CFL screw base sizes. Any chance we could get that fixed?

I may never have the cash to own one but I can dream

links fixed

thanks

Congratulations on the forum Dave. I absolutely love your flashlights, I think they are great. I just can't believe how tiny they are! I have to have one, what a convenient tool they would make, I could take it with me anywhere. However, I am not familiar with that type of battery, can you tell me where I can buy replacements? Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by turboslug; 08-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Unenlightened

Splendid flashlights, man. Your stuff is really worth appraisal. How are you able to work it out yourself?
    Last edited by StaticHF; 06-20-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Unenlightened

Wow they look fantastic!! So small and yet so fantastically done as well i could definitely use one of Landlord Insurance without a doubt
    Last edited by bangosh; 03-22-2012 at 09:31 AM.