Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum (START HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to SPY Central!

Cool Fall Inc.
"The Power of Light"

Cool Fall is celebrating its 16th Anniversary in the flashlight world. The new Trek, 007 Sapphire, Tri-V and 005 are out, please check them out here and on the coolfall web site. Versions of each of these four basic models of SPY are currently available (January 2021).

Here is where you will find everything SPY. My business name is Cool Fall Inc. For those who do not know, I have a line of flashlights that I design and build. The SPY is a two-cell every-day-carry (EDC) using CR123A batteries. It is a tiny light, that easily fits in your pocket or pocketbook. The light employs a micro rotary switch that controls 6 levels of output via the small round rotary knob that is just parallel to the bezel. The lights are machined mostly from billet titanium but also stainless steel, copper and Damascus. The custom light engine is micro processor controlled and user adjustable.

HV1T9808b.jpg
aluminum & damascus

HV2T0332.jpg
all titanium

IMG_1530.JPG
Stone Washed Gunner Grip

IMG_0878bb.jpg
three emitter Tri-V

IMG_1039s.jpg
Droid 58 Carabineer

EU1C5323s.jpg
007 Sapphire

20170119_161136.jpg
all new 005

Cool Fall started out designing bindings for the snowboarding industry and a cool fall (early snow season) is what we all hope for. So now Cool Fall is my forum name and the SPY flashlight is what we are all about. :tinfoil:

But before I go on , I would like to take this spot to thank Greta and all the moderators for giving me my own forum here on CPF. I am humbled and very excited. Rothrandir is my forum moderator. We met at the Ghost MTN trip in 2005 and Shot in 2008 and I am happy to have a "machinist" looking over my shoulder. :D

dat2zip and McGizmo are my partners in crime here on CPF. Without their help and parts, the SPY would not have been possible.

I promise to make this a fun place! We all collect flashlights because we love them. They are among the greatest tools because they are useful and they are fun.

Cool Fall Inc. web site:
www.coolfall.com

Sales Status 2021:

007 XP-G2 is sold out

007 XM-L2 is sold out

Tri-V2's are sold out.

Tri-V version 3 sales thread is closed

Droid Carabiner is back in stock

007 / Tri-V GPA available here

007 / Tri-V magnetic base SOLD OUT

007 Sapphire Introduction thread is open

007 Sapphire Sales thread is open

005 Sales Thread

SPY Trek introduction

CanCooler 4000

Please watch the Cool Fall threads for other updates.

SPY sales details:

I sell my flashlights only after they are complete and ready to ship. In the past I did use sign-up lists. However now a days, I post a sales thread listing what is available. If you follow my current threads you will get pre-notification of any pending sale. Alternatively, you can send me email and I will put it in my notify folder. When a sales thread is posted, the first X number of people that subsequently post in that thread that they want a light, are in.

Index to current flashlight threads:

Owner's Manual Index for all SPY flashlights

007 picture thread

Tri-V picture thread

titanium care and cleaning thread

Please subscribe to the thread at this link ==> "Subscribe to Cool Fall again :) " to get notification of sales and new product introductions

Cheers
Dave
Twitter

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Welcome to the SPY Flashlight forum

This is just great. I don't own one of yours or Don's but they are some of my favorites to read about. Heck I like almost all customs but with yours I always hear that 007 guitar picking away. So now I know just where to go to keep up with this exquisite light.

Congratulations, Dave and Kudos to McGizmo and Wayne for helping you. It's like you moved out of the cube farm into a private office.

Last edited:

fasteddie

Enlightened

Congrats on the new forum. You need a sticky on history, models, specs a la McGizmo.... when you get a chance. :poke:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Hi Dave !
:wave:
Good to see you have your own place now. Now quit talking and start making my new ti spy ... :p

bernie

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL, not so fast bernie! The 007 has to wait till my wife sees the tree house is done. But, I sneak around at night working on the 007 anyway. :p

I am about to post my tree house project in just a few minutes.

Cheers
Dave

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Actually ... if you could wait with the 007 until MY wife is kinda away would be nice, too :aaa:

AND ... quit making me jeleaus with that tree house fo yours !!! This is so absolutely frigging amazing! :thumbsup:

bernie

greenLED

Flashaholic

Congrats on your new forum, Dave!

Oh, and if Roth gives you any trouble lemme know. I got some pics that should keep him in check. :devil:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,

I am about to post my tree house project in just a few minutes.

I thought that thing was done! :popcorn: :wave: Looking forward to seeing the progress.. :)

I dig the name "Cool Fall" - good stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you've got your own forum, Dave... now, like they said, :poke: finish that ol' treehouse of yours, and get going on our Ti! :devil: :whistle: :nana:

meditatelu0.gif
john

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations:twothumbs:twothumbs

Obviously the Spy 005 is one of my favorite lights (note avatar):grin2:
presently my Spy is traveling to visit data2zip for new internals (I am excited!!) Also waiting patiently for the 007 Ti (unlike Bernie :nana:)

Dave, I really enjoy reading about your lights (tree house's, too) and am excited about your new Home on CPF.

Threads like these, keep me coming back.

Good Luck in all your endeavors.

jeffb

theorangetree

Newly Enlightened

Hey Dave, Steve 'Bond' Cox
here!!, Congrats on the forum!!!! Lookin forwards to reading loads of good stuff here.

BTW guys, if you DONT have one of D's lights, your missin out - they are exceptional in every way. The quality is brilliant, great to hold and use. The performance and UI is 1st class - start saving for 007!!!!

Regs and respect man!!!!!

:thumbsup::twothumbs
Steve

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just came across this Dave. Congratulations!! You'll see me here!!

Karl

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congratulations on your new forum. I don't have one of your lights yet, but I am very impressed with the design.
:thumbsup:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Dave !
:wave:
Good to see you have your own place now. Now quit talking and start making my new ti spy ... :p

bernie

+1................ I cannot think of a Cooler start to the Fall than a nice new Ti007. :twothumbs

bltkmt

Enlightened

Just stumbled on this and feel I gotta have one...how does one buy one of these beauties?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just stumbled on this and feel I gotta have one...how does one buy one of these beauties?

I sell my flashlights only after they are complete and ready to ship. In the past I did use sign-up lists. However now a days, I post a sales thread listing what is available. If you follow my current threads you will get pre-notification of any pending sale. Alternatively, you can send me email and I will put it in my notify folder. When a sales thread is posted, the first X number of people that subsequently post in that thread that they want a light, are in.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.