Photo of new Streamlight 3c 10 led.

Raven

Enlightened
I e-mailed Streamlight today with a question about their new 3C 10 LED, and got this reply:

"The switch is now located on the tailcap exclusively. No switch on the body what so ever. The body no longer has any injection molding at all and the body is brighter and with the great Streamlight warranty."

Well here is a link to the new pro polymer 3C 10 LED, but it looks like the old model to me. Can anyone see the difference?

http://www.streamlight.com/led_propoly.htm

I am really looking forward to buying one of these in April, and the new tailcap switch should be worth the wait.

Raven

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The picture looks just like my old one. There may be one slight difference. Mine has a hole through the side of the flare at the head for attaching a lanyard. I can't see it in the picture of the new one.

Mine turns on by twisting the head. I prefer it that way, but I'm clearly in the minority here.

I wonder why they stopped producing them. Is there something wrong with mine? I don't think so. My 4AA clearly needed bigger resistors as some members here have found out. Maybe my 3C would also overheat if I left it on long enough.

RossB

Newly Enlightened
I've had the "old" 3C 10LED for months, and I just got a "new" 4AA 7LED. If the new 3C is like the new 4AA, that means the case is all hard plastic, without the nifty elastomer grippy parts. But, there's enough bumps and ridges, and the 3C has that pocket clip, so I doubt wet or even oily hands will fail to get a secure grip.

I love 'em both. The 4AA is now EDC in the tote bag, 'cause it takes up less room, and it's almost as bright on center. The 3C is a great nightstand/car glovebox/toolkit light. Both UL rated for hazardous atmospheres, too.

RossB