P3D What mean Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorF22

Newly Enlightened
I received today my P3D Rebel 100 :D but I want to know what mean IPX-8 Standard.

calmdown

Banned
Potentially racist commentary removed :tsk:

Last edited by a moderator:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received today my P3D Rebel 100 :D but I want to know what mean IPX-8 Standard.
Hope this helps.
IP Explanation and Ratings
EN 60529 outlines an international classification system for the sealing effectiveness of enclosures of electrical equipment against the intrusion into the equipment of foreign bodies (i.e. tools, dust, fingers) and moisture. This classification system utilizes the letters "IP" ("Ingress Protection") followed by two or three digits. (A third digit is sometimes used. An "x" is used for one of the digits if there is only one class of protection; i.e. IPX4 which addresses moisture resistance only.)IPX8 protected against submersion 1m+.So yes it is waterproof,but not dive rated.

Last edited:

RaptorF22

Newly Enlightened
The question is for the IPX-8 Standard not for the word Waterproof :ironic: morón

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHAT MEAN WATERPROOF?? NO SPEAK ENGLISH???????? :shakehead :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:wave: :wave::wave::wave: :wave::wave: :wave::wave::wave: :wave::wave::wave: :wave: :wave::nana::nana::nana: :nana::nana: :nana: :nana::sssh::wave::nana::nana: :wave::wave::wave: :nana::nana::nana: :wave::wave::wave: :duh2::duh2::duh2::duh2: :duh2::duh2::duh2::duh2: :thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
Hey calmdown,oh no matter!!

D-Dog

Enlightened
Um..... ignoring the smiles lol, are all of the newer Fenix lights, such as L2D-CE also waterproof to 1 meter for 30 min or just the ones it says are on the site?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
IPX8 = Water-Tight Equipment (protected against the effects of submersion; tested to 12 feet/3.6 meters for 24 hours). I asked that same question about the L1T and that's the answer that MattK from Battery Junction gave me.

D-Dog

Enlightened
Yea, I think that right although with IPX8, the testing conditions really depend on what the manufacturer wants. I was thinking of IPX7

DigitalZen

Newly Enlightened
IPX-8 Standard immersion is 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.

I find the derogatory remarks on this site disgusting and disappointing. That's why you rarely see me around. I prefer to deal with adults.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I find the derogatory remarks on this site disgusting and disappointing. That's why you rarely see me around. I prefer to deal with adults.
With any website / forum where people post, you're going to find those who are immature.

Fortunately I find CPF to be 99% very mature and educated people.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
IPX8 = Water-Tight Equipment (protected against the effects of submersion; tested to 12 feet/3.6 meters for 24 hours). I asked that same question about the L1T and that's the answer that MattK from Battery Junction gave me.

Best answer I've seen on this question! Thanks for the info.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Huh? You dug up a months-old thread to malign this entire forum based on the remarks of someone who's been banned from it?

DM51

Flashaholic
Good question from LukeA. I don't know how this ill-natured thread managed to escape being closed before, but I'm closing it now as being dysfunctional beyond any reasonable future expectation of normality - and it is in the wrong sub-forum anyway.

A new thread on this subject may be opened if someone wishes to do this, but please post it in the correct place.

I will close this one by remarking that for flashlight purposes, the IPX8 standard is practically meaningless, as it is a static rather than dynamic test.

It is a totally useless standard of assessment for any equipment that may need to be actually operated underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.