Mag 3D 'Do It Yourself' Luxeon Conversion Kit

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag 3D \'Do It Yourself\' Luxeon Conversion Kit

I've been asked about a 'Do it yourself' D cell Mag conversion kit quite a few times. Here is a proposed kit. The kit contains a 1.352" heat sink, a 30mm optics, and a PR base bulb with positive and negative wires attached (a .68 ohm 1 watt resistor is inside the PB base). All you need to do is supply the Luxeon Star, and epoxy it on. You could also use a LXHL-NW98 type Luxeon Star, and either drill holes and bolt it on, or epoxy it on. (mix 2 part epoxy with heat sink grease).

Luxeon_Mount_Kit.1.jpg

All you have to do is grind off the aluminum on the inside lip of the Mag, put the PR bulb in, press in the sink, mount the LS. The optics set on top of the Luxeon Star, and the head (reflector removed or cut) screws on until the lens holds the optics in place.

Just wondering how many people would be interested? Price would be about $15.

Wayne j

StarPhox

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mag 3D \'Do It Yourself\' Luxeon Conversion Kit

I'd be very interested. I need the heatsink and optics for a 4D Mag mod I'm attempting. If you have one of these kits (or just want to sell an optics & heatsink) I have PayPal and can have you the money when you'd like. $15 for the whole kit sounds fine, or maybe $10 for just the optics/sink?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested, especially if it's only $15.

Jon

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
StarPhox said:
I'd be very interested. I need the heatsink and optics for a 4D Mag mod I'm attempting. If you have one of these kits (or just want to sell an optics & heatsink) I have PayPal and can have you the money when you'd like. $15 for the whole kit sounds fine, or maybe $10 for just the optics/sink?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The 30mm optics, and the heat sink, are both available individually, on my shopping cart. (You can click on the link at the bottom of this post to go to the Elektro Lumens shopping cart.)
I suppose I could also make up a bunch of the wired PR bulbs, for those who might need them?

The heat sink should fit new D cell Maglites. I normally grind off the anodizing on the flashlight inside lip. When I press the sink in, the sink is also electrical ground, and I ground the LS through the sink.

Wayne j

StarPhox

Newly Enlightened

I must be an idiot, I keep clicking add cart and it says the item has been added...but where do I check out?

It says if using Paypal click to continue with payment but I've checked my papypal pmts etc. and nothing from your site shows?

I know I'm missing the obvious here, any help would be great. = )

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
StarPhox said:
I must be an idiot, I keep clicking add cart and it says the item has been added...but where do I check out?

It says if using Paypal click to continue with payment but I've checked my papypal pmts etc. and nothing from your site shows?

I know I'm missing the obvious here, any help would be great. = )

[/ QUOTE ]

You click the 'add to cart' button to add to the shopping cart. When you finish ordering your product(s) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , you click the 'Check out' button at the bottom of the screen. I assume it's all working properly, as I have had a few other orders today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I added the comments about payments with Pay Pal, because when finished making payment through Pay Pal, you need to click the 'continue' button, or else confirmation of the order doesn't get sent to King Kart. Pay Pal notifies King Kart of the finality of the sale, but only when you click the 'continue button'.

Wayne j

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Wits' End said:
Would the heatsink work in a C cel mag? Or do you have one that would?

[/ QUOTE ]

These heat sinks are too big for a C cell.

Wayne j

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne:

For those of us who intend to use powerpucks and battery inputs between 8 V and 15 V do you have a PR base version w/o resistor?

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ditto that...this kit and the puck+luxeon from LEDsupply would be a fun, do-able for me, project.

jeff1500

Enlightened

I think there's a big market for kits. Just exactly what design I don't know, but wouldn't it be nice if someone could make a kit that arrived all in one box with all the parts.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
lemlux said:
Wayne:

For those of us who intend to use powerpucks and battery inputs between 8 V and 15 V do you have a PR base version w/o resistor?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a problem. Actually saves me the cost of a resistor.

I haven't made them yet. I have probably hundreds of PR base bulbs, from all the mods I've done. Most every D cell flashlight has 2 bulbs. I have been tossing them into a bin, which is now quite full. Figure I might as well do something with them.

Wayne j

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jeff1500 said:
I think there's a big market for kits. Just exactly what design I don't know, but wouldn't it be nice if someone could make a kit that arrived all in one box with all the parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I stated when I started the post, this is a 'proposed' kit. I can change it. This is everything needed, except the Luxeon Star. Some may already have their own Luxeon Star, either bare emitter, or NW98 style. You can also use this for a 5 watt Luxeon Star.

It wouldn't be hard for me to offer the kit with a Luxeon Star.

Wayne j

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

If there was an option for a HD good quality LS I'd still be interested. :)

Jon

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

is the .68 ohm resistor set up for driving a blue/cyan/white off of a 3 cell setup?