Which one is better leatherman micra or squirt s4?

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i prefer the squirt. dont have to open it to use the other tools and i like the file better.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
The scissors on the Squirt are much better. I had a Micra and after giving up on it, I bought three Squirts for my wife and her parents.

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Pumaman said and I like the movement on the Squirts alot better. If you ever opened one and used it you'd know what I mean. Personally I like the P4 better than the S4 - the pliers are surprisingly strong for their size.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feature wise, it's the same exact thing. Feeling wise, the squirt is more solid and the scissors have a correct set to them. Also like the external mounted tools and removabletweezers

cy

Flashaholic
if you want a good scissor go with micra, if you want a good mini plier. go with P4.

for me P4 is smallest tool with fully functioning pliers needed for back packing trips. searched high and low for lightest possible tool and still maintain plier function.

zippers can wear during a backpacking trip. real pliers are needed to compress zipper pull to repair.

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I EDC'd a Micra since they came out in '96, actually 3-4 due to wear and for the last one, loss. I promptly ordered another to replace it and for giggles an S4, as I had an RS E4 which I really like, but don't carry. When they got here, the S4 ended-up in my pocket. It's a little smaller and the tool access is more convenient as mentioned above. I also carry a Charge Ti (with blades from the TTi) which covers the pliers side of things.

Larry

guyg

Newly Enlightened
Sorry so long to get back here. Thanks GarageBoy ! That was my answer to the question. The Squirt just cuts better.

DarthLumen

Newly Enlightened
Two main drawbacks to the Squirt:

1. The anodizing has a tendency to wear off...it's not TypeIII.

2. The blades and tools don't lock into position (same on the Micra)

Too bad they don't make a Charge TI version in a package this size.

I actually prefer the Micra, however the Squirt has a better feel.

lio

Newly Enlightened
do you think the squirt will hold 25 years like the micra? because the squirt handles are made of alox and the micra steel, my question is: will squirt hold the beat?

Robatman

Newly Enlightened
do you think the squirt will hold 25 years like the micra? because the squirt handles are made of alox and the micra steel, my question is: will squirt hold the beat?

This is a good point, but for me, I expect to lose something this small every 3 or 4 years. It would be different with a larger multi tool that is not EDC or keyringed etc.