Battery charger?

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
I'm currently using Energizer 2500 mah cells in a ROP (japanese made, some people said the chineese ones were crap for quality?) Anyway, i've been using a energizer charger, the one that charges AAA/AA/C/D/9V. I'm looking for a battery charger that will charge multiple cells (atleast 6 at a time from my ROP, and 8 would be good so I can charge for a mag 85 later too. I realize that like everything else there's decent chargers then there's crappy ones that just won't do the job.
I was thinking about ordering this charger http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=279 and some Titanium 2700 batteries too. But I wanted to get some feedback for this charger first, and if it's no good, please point me in the right direction.
If that's not a good option I was considering this one next http://www.nimhbattery.com/maha-mh-c801d-battery-charger.htm

Edit: Would titanium 1800 high discharge be better for the ROP/Mag85?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Christexan

Enlightened
Actually in my experience, with Energizer 2500s only (other brands I've seen the reverse) the Chinese batteries (black top cap) are the "good" ones and the Japanese (blue-green top cap) are the "crap" ones with horrid self-discharge (discharge from a full charge to 0.9V in a week or less in some cases). This has been true with all AA batteries I bought at varying times from mid 2006 to past spring, a couple packs of each here and there, the japanese ones have consistently been bad. Again, that's only for the Energizer 2500s, which I've been buying since they very first came on the market, and my original (chinese) ones are STILL going strong, and my newest japanese packs are still junk. YMMV

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Ah, ok. So the Chinese ones are the good ones.

Any opinions about these chargers? If the Titanium brand high discharge 1800 cells are a better option than the titanium 2700's i'm going to order them+charger from amondotech, they have a good deal on them with a charger right now.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jeremyison,

I believe I have both the Titanium 1800 an 2700 test results in the NiMh Shoot Out thread. You can check on their performance there.

As far as chargers go, you are looking for a charger that allows you to charge in the 0.5C - 1.0C range as recommended by the battery manufacturers. For an 1800 mAh cell, that works out to a charging rate in the 900 - 1800 mA range.

Tom

Christexan

Enlightened
Can't help much on chargers, I have yet to invest in anything fancy, got a bunch of simple ones around, and sometimes assemble a custom one for myself for specific reasons/cases.

jeremyison05

Newly Enlightened
Hello Jeremyison,

I believe I have both the Titanium 1800 an 2700 test results in the NiMh Shoot Out thread. You can check on their performance there.

As far as chargers go, you are looking for a charger that allows you to charge in the 0.5C - 1.0C range as recommended by the battery manufacturers. For an 1800 mAh cell, that works out to a charging rate in the 900 - 1800 mA range.

Tom

I don't know much about chargers, that's why I'm asking. Fast/slow doesn't matter if I can charge at least 8 at a time, I just want something that will deliver full charge. I looked at your shootout thread, and seems like the titanium 1800's are by far the best so long as you don't mind the reduced capacity.