The EOS (Concept & Photos of a Prototype) - Titan Slayer?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to show our (Lumencraft's) next creation (so far only a prototype and concept).

Kyle and I looked at the Titan and we just thought we can do better than that... so as a result the EOS was born (we first wanted to call it Titan Slayer but than decided to pick a goddess known to have seduced Titans...)

First the specs... (by the way ignore the price.. we don't know what price it will be... except one thing that it WILL be less than the titan..

However Remember so far only a concept and a prototype... So far we also have plans (which might even happen first) to do a non bling - no sapphires - black HA aircraft grade T6 AL version... with a much lower price point...

eos-table.JPG

eos1.jpg

j1.JPG
j2.JPG

j3.JPG
j5.JPG

Anyway that's the current state of this light (of course patent pending). Also I like that it is very different than our GatLight so one doesn't really replace the other...

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice concept. I would hope for one without the stones and Titanium - just one in T6061 since I'm sure I won't be able to afford a Ti light anytime soon. The sapphires are a nice touch though that I imagine some people will go for. Bling bling !

Freyth

Enlightened
We're thinking about doing a no bling black HA version...

However the bling has cool effects at night
5eos.jpg

Looks great in night shots! I actually thought of having a light with lateral illumination. :whistle:

dpled

Enlightened
I agree an affordable one done in 6061 for those who can't spend the money for Titanium let alone a Titan. :sigh:

faco

Enlightened
I'd like to see one without stones and without the side light ???:thinking:
I like the idea of the push button and the momentary function, more lumens is also a plus
Looking forward to the final product :thumbsup:

M.TEX

Enlightened
Wow I like it a lot ! :naughty:
sign me up :naughty:

If you could just have some Tritium there or just provide
the slots to it , would be VERY NICE.
Oh and maybe an option for AL or SS for guys short
on cash....:broke: it always good...

Keep up the good work...that's the way....:twothumbs

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Very nice design!

I am in for a version without stones and with a reflector instead of an optic ;)

Jochen

Sable

Enlightened
I think the sapphires are really kind of cool - and I know you guys probably went through a lot of work figuring out how to get them in there, which I appreciate! It's always cool to see new and interesting lighting tools show up.

That said, while I certainly don't hate the stones, I guess I am scratching my head a little. In a high-polish finish (Maybe with some black highlighting on the body?) the light could be sold as a really serious "executive" style light - maybe for Mrs. Executive? ;)

I really think it's a cool concept and looks great, but I have to admit I'm still saving for a Gatlight V3 as my LumenCraft artwork for this go-round. I'm sure this has a market, and I hope you guys nail it like you have with everything else! :)

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, guys. You rock!

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
Looks good, but i am not sure about the stones. I would be afraid to take it anywher or use it too hard. Plain Ti, maybe with 3 H3 vials around it, would suit me down to the ground. Paypal is locked and loaded!!
marc

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
This WILL make me reconsider my place on the Titan list.

The white sapphires are a little too bling for me also, but if you could replace with deep set, well protected tritiums you have a guarenteed punter. If there was a bling pocket clip with a mounted sapphire I guess I could learn to live with that!;)

The initial shape and design looks magic, I love the dial at the rear and I think you might have hit on a real winner. Please put me on whatever list there is that will make sure I get one of these:twothumbs.

Great to see inspirational and innovative products. Great Job!

Paypal at the ready

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be all over this. The ONLY thing that stopped me from buying a Titan was the CR2 battery.

houtex

Enlightened
I would pay for one of those.May i suggest on a more affordable model some sort of GITD inserts thin enough for light to pass throught but glow after it's turned off.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
So ... you're opting for a path that LedLenser has taken some years ago with the laterally emitting light shinging through holes?

I am talking about this, being one example out of many:

LL_Magic_side.jpg

They might hold patents or trademarks or whatwever legal thing regarding those holes ... they are, after all, LedLenser's character marks.

Then ... from personal experience ... those holes with the side-emitting light ... are annoying and not helpful. They are blinding you and can't add anything useful to the task of illumination. Might be even worse if the lateral light is scattered by crystals.
I wouldn't consider them an advantage at all, except for design and style maybe, if that's what you're after.

bernhard