Windows Settings

jayhackett03

Enlightened
a few months ago i think i made an adjustment on my computer, i made it so the windows "snap-to" the edge of the monitor when you release them. well, i want to turn that option off, how do i do that?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you describe a little more? what OS do you have? 2000, ME, XP or Vista? In XP click on an empty space of the desktop and select properties, you will have several tabs to change apperance and other stuff, maybe it's in there what you are looking for

AlexGT

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you possibly mean the icons,, on the desktop? If so, right click on the desktop,, "Arrange Icons" ,,and un-select "Auto Arrange".

jayhackett03

Enlightened
I think i have XP. i tried the properties, i couldn't find what i was looking for.

no, not the icons, the windows. say i grab the top of a window and drag it to the left, and release....it will automatically slide over to the left side of the screen and stop. thats what i want to turn off.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
If you have a nVidia videocard, there's a option in nVidia nView desktop manager too. I don't know if this comes with all nVidia cards, but the machines here at work have it installed. To set the option, go to the windows control panel, click nVidia nView Desktop Manager, go to the windows tab and set 'Snap window edges by:' to 'No window snapping'.

hope this helps

danielo_d

Enlightened
I think i have XP. i tried the properties, i couldn't find what i was looking for.

no, not the icons, the windows. say i grab the top of a window and drag it to the left, and release....it will automatically slide over to the left side of the screen and stop. thats what i want to turn off.

jayhackett03
Sorry can't help either. However, if you have the "My Computer" icon on your desktop, right click and select Properties. You'll get the OS and SP level.

Darn it, Lite_Me!
I saw your avatar out of the corner of my eye and about swatted my screen off my desk!!!
:oops: Darn bugs!

Danno