Best CR123 batt??

fordwillman

Newly Enlightened
Just wondered what those in the know consider to be the best CR123 battery (and why)? I would like to make a larger order and want to get quality, not just price. Thanks

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
For high drain lights like the Surefire M6, all my personal testing has left me
trusting only OEM Surefire or Duracell.

I buy the Surefire cells 400 count at a time. 400 cells are now lasting me 12
months or so.

Hope this helps out.

Nekolf

Newly Enlightened
I have tested some brand's CR123 batteries with HDS EDC U60XR several years ago.

Continue time of the brightest mode:
Duracell 38 min
Surefire 36 min

At the same time, I tested the other brands but I don't remember, sorry.:thinking:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
For high drain lights like the Surefire M6, all my personal testing has left me
trusting only OEM Surefire or Duracell.

I buy the Surefire cells 400 count at a time. 400 cells are now lasting me 12
months or so.

Hope this helps out.

Weeeooow! Thats alot of batterys! And I thought I bought many batts...pueew!

Have the dumptruck company (or whoever collects batterys) have a scheduled stop at your house? ;)

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weeeooow! Thats alot of batterys! And I thought I bought many batts...pueew!

Have the dumptruck company (or whoever collects batterys) have a scheduled stop at your house? ;)
I hear ya! Before discovering js's M6-X (MN15 bulb), a 400/count case would last a few months less than a year.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well if you ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers. Of the ones I have tried and I haven't tried them all, Surefire and Energizer have been very good primary batteries. It also seems to depend on which light to a degree. For example an Inova X5 doesn't seem to care what you put in it,
the light will run for a loonngg time. Same with a Peak McKinley or a Surefire L1. You may not get high mode but low mode and moon setting last a good long time. I've had a couple KL1's that stayed in moon mode for several hours, easily long enough to find another cell. So experiment a little and see what you like.