30mm "Go/No Go" Web Page

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
30mm \"Go/No Go\" Web Page

A fellow CPF member suggested to me to have a web paged designed to identify good candidates for the 30mm optics. This gave me the idea of have a web page to display your flashlight which you modified to use the 30mm optics. Your name would be displayed as the modifier.

If it is something you are selling, that's fine with me. I can post your email address and add a comment that it is for sale.

If several CPF members like this idea, I can set up a web page, and you can email me the photo and information, or point me to a link with a photo.

This might also aid in giving others ideas on their own mod projects, using the 30mm optics.

Wayne j

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Re: 30mm

Have you placed any consideration into obtaining optics that would utilize a good part of a MAG C/D space? The mag c/d have alot 50mm+ at the top and it would be great to have a drop in colliminator for a MAG C/D.

Hemingray

Enlightened

In the near future, I'll be seeing how a 6D M@gL!te, a 5W white Luxeon, with one of your heatsinks and a 30 mm collimator work out. As for the final mechanical details, I'll work that out, or as one famous senator once said:
"I'll drive off that bridge when I get there..."

/ed B in NH

B@rt

Flashaholic
Re: 30mm \"Go/No Go\" Web Page

Wayne,
Sounds like a great idea! I for one will be anxious to see where your optics have landed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

woodbender

Newly Enlightened

Do you have a webpage set up for this yet? I will be finishing up a conversion tomorrow that uses the 30mm optics.

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have not set up a web page for this, as I didn't get any responses. If I get some pics and construction details, or anything else you want posted, I can make up a web page pretty quickly.

If is something you want to sell, I don't have a problem with that either.

Wayne j

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received some pics and info from woodbender, so I have created a web page for his project. I created a 'Projects by Others' web page, and a link from my Elektro Lumens home page. Here is the link. Jeff's page is there. See what you think?

The idea behind this to do display Luxeon Star modifications which use the 30mm optics. This is to give ideas to people on how they may employ these optics, and in what flashlights they might work. Some are wondering what kind of flashlights they might put this rather large (35mm O.D.) collimating optics into.
Projects by Others

Wayne j