Flashlight Cases

ganled

Newly Enlightened
I need an pelican-like case with foam in it in order to protect my flashlight's window from scratches and to hold a few cr123s. Can anybody suggest a store which I can get a decent and cheep case?

ganled

Newly Enlightened
Is there anything good, cheep, and has foam that is not an expensive brand name such as Pelican, Storm, or Otter?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
For the price of Pelicans or Otters, you're getting a lot, in the way of waterproofing and durability.

If you wanted to spend a couple dollars less, you could go to an art supply or hardware store (or even better, the Container Store if you have one near you), and see what they have. But I highly recommend forking out a couple extra dollars and getting Pelican or Otter - cause "good and cheap" don't really go together in this case, IMHO. :shrug:

john

ganled

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm planning to put my Surefire along with a few cr123s in it. The surefire and the batteries are already pretty durable. I just need a case to organize the batteries an to protect the pyrex window from being smashed or scratched. Wouldn't a pelican or an otter box be overkill for my applications?