Green laser voltage safe lvl?

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
Ok i have a DX 200mw green laser and i built this box that lets me switch between 2 AA rechargables and 3 AA rechargble battriese in series so that threaticly gives me a choice of 2.4V and 3.6V right? well thats what it should be but my meter is showing me 3V and 4V now the battries are fully charged and i switchd them out and stuf also its saying one bat is 1.5V now the battrie says on the side 1.2v so are my battries just good or is my meter not that good its about 5 years old.
ok now onto my question is 3.6V safe for this laser and if for some reason the meter is right is 4V safe for this laser now i will be switching between low and only use how power when i need it so should it work and if not what type of resiser do i need to add to the high power side?

stephenmadpotato

Enlightened
In my opinion, it definately cannot handle 3.6v theres resistors and a pot screw in the circuit board for a reason. If you insist on more voltage that would not make it much more powerful. What you need is more current. If you insist on more power than turn the pot screw a little. You will definately shorten the life of the diode. They put out about 70-80mw, enough to burn stuff, why do you need more power?

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
well now after i have startd to use nimh batters i dont need more power and i do belive it is more than 100+mw becaus it will smoke any thing and its about 2-3x brigher than my 50 mw and it would burn stuf to. the coolst thing i have done is put a match in a flask and seel up the top and lit it (it was a water proof match to) was cool the pic are on the dx 200mw websight

the only thing is i need to kno whare to buy a collimation lens that will fit this laser

Latest posts