The Fenix-Store
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

Flashaholic*

Default List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

I would like to separate the various brands on here into two groups; The ones that have a reputation good enough to be adopted by either a gov agency or large private organization.......And those that miss out.

Who wants to start the list.....Name the brand and the "group" that adopted it.

Default Re: List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups

Hey great topic, there is always a lot of talk on here about lights and their use in the military etc, with that in mind can we also add brand and model. I can only add one confirmed to the list

Maglite Magcharger - Queensland Police Service (actually probably all Australian Police however can't confirm that).
    There's no truth in the news and no news in the truth

Default Re: List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups

CMG Infinity Ultra, with HA coating, had a US NSN (government contract/inventory number, or something like that).

The SureFire Z2 is standard issue to the US Air Marshals.
    "Et lux in tenebris lucet"

NSW Police picked the WE Raider with LF EO9 for some of APEC

I had a customer tell me this weekend that he was issued a Surefire E2D in Iraq.

Flashaholic*

....excellent so far,......Can anyone confirm if the Streamlight Scorpion is an issue item anywhere?....or have they been fased out and replaced with something else.

Flashaholic*

The obvious...the LAPD light, heck they helped design it.

Novatac did a very large order before we got ours, and it seems like military/leo's got a preview... i don't know any confirmation.

I've heard SF 6P's are standard CIA issue.

SF helmet mount lights for our military.

CMG's as already mentioned.

And it seems every LEO at one point or another used a maglite.
    List of flashlights that used to be here has been removed (by me) to save our search function. NOW USE IT.

Flashaholic

Surefire M4 Devastator to our guys in the "sandbox" (US Army): http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...ts-01911/#more

I say thats some big money well spent!
    Last edited by NickDrak; 09-05-2007 at 10:22 PM.
    "One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." (Lt. COL. Jeff Cooper U.S.M.C.)

IIRC TigerLights are issued to LA County Sheriffs deputies.
    LAPD has started issueing the Pelican 7060 which was designed for them.
    IIRC the SF Z2/G2Z is issued to FBI and Secret Service Agents.
    Last edited by depusm12; 09-05-2007 at 10:29 PM.
    James
    TigerLight Vers II, ASP Triad, SF Z2, M3, L6, A2, Inova T2,**9-11-01 "Let's Roll"**

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperSD View Post
    Hey great topic, there is always a lot of talk on here about lights and their use in the military etc, with that in mind can we also add brand and model. I can only add one confirmed to the list

Maglite Magcharger - Queensland Police Service (actually probably all Australian Police however can't confirm that).
    WA police too, for most officers thats the only light they carry
    i have seen a few with surefires, one with a weapon mounted light
    flashlight collector by day
    flashlight user by night

Flashaholic

Surefire Hellfire.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by chakrawal View Post
    Surefire Hellfire.
    Who and where please, thanks.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by cernobila View Post
    Who and where please, thanks.
    US Military.

Barbolights, Military and Police.

Best regards

____
    Tom
    It's cheaper to get a high quality light than spending money for many cheap lights.

I went to Montreal, Québec, Canada, last monday and I saw that two police officiers were using "half dim/half bright" LED flashlights. After searching with Google, I found they are using Pelican M6 LED (1 watt luxeon?).

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Long John View Post
    Barbolights, Military and Police.

Best regards

____
    Tom
    Which countries?
    Last edited by cernobila; 09-06-2007 at 05:26 AM.

Which countries?
    I know from Spain, perhaps parts of France too but this has to be confirm by Javier (member "Barbarin").

Best regards

____
    Tom
    It's cheaper to get a high quality light than spending money for many cheap lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen C View Post
    NSW Police picked the WE Raider with LF EO9 for some of APEC
    great choice on their behalf.

I have also been told previously by an ex fed that the Australian Federal Police are personally issued with Surefire G2's, again can't comfirm sorry

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperSD View Post
    great choice on their behalf.

I have also been told previously by an ex fed that the Australian Federal Police are personally issued with Surefire G2's, again can't comfirm sorry
    No wonder this country is going broke....all those CR123's we have to keep paying for...

No wonder this country is going broke....all those CR123's we have to keep paying for...
    lol. Quebec City police still use 3C incandescent Maglite... Not much expensive to run.

Uk Police in the North West are issued with Mag AA !!!! ROFLMAO
    Its bright and I love it !!

Yorkshire Police UK also have black 2AA maglite as standard issue. They are engraved "Property of West Yorkshire Police"
    We call them torches here in England...

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild View Post
    lol. Quebec City police still use 3C incandescent Maglite... Not much expensive to run.
    TO misquote an old Sarge, "Batteries are cheap; life is dear".
    Currently Swamped - use email to contact me.
    Using the Internet to deliver useful information and downright nonsense since 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by jezzyp View Post
    Yorkshire Police UK also have black 2AA maglite as standard issue. They are engraved "Property of West Yorkshire Police"
    "For Queen and Country" with a AA Mini Mag?

No that would be because the Federal Police keep on pilfering all the state Police with higher pay packets

I actually told her that she should look into a rechargeable set up, but she was content to buy bulk packets of 123's from the internet

Streamlight Stinger
    4 D Mag
    2 D Mag
    Surefire weaponlights for Remington 870, Colt M4 and possibly UMP 40
    Maxabeam spotlight
    Xenonics Nighthunter II
    Some other big spotlight that I forget the name

Quote Originally Posted by Lightraven View Post
    Streamlight Stinger
    4 D Mag
    2 D Mag
    Surefire weaponlights for Remington 870, Colt M4 and possibly UMP 40
    Maxabeam spotlight
    Xenonics Nighthunter II
    Some other big spotlight that I forget the name
    I think the point of the thread was to be a little more specific and actually name lights and agencies

New York State Office of Mental Health / Staten Island site:
    Streamlight Stinger, Magcharger, Dorcy 123 1watts (stored).

I totally forgot mentioning... I don't know if this is official or not, but I see Strions being carried by local OR State Troopers and Corrections Officers I've interacted with.

I wasn't that much into lights when dealing with regular PD, but I'll keep my eyes open for'em.