List of Flashlight Brands adopted or used by gov agencies or large private groups?

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to separate the various brands on here into two groups; The ones that have a reputation good enough to be adopted by either a gov agency or large private organization.......And those that miss out.

Who wants to start the list.....Name the brand and the "group" that adopted it.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Hey great topic, there is always a lot of talk on here about lights and their use in the military etc, with that in mind can we also add brand and model. I can only add one confirmed to the list

Maglite Magcharger - Queensland Police Service (actually probably all Australian Police however can't confirm that).

greenLED

Flashaholic
CMG Infinity Ultra, with HA coating, had a US NSN (government contract/inventory number, or something like that).

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
....excellent so far,......Can anyone confirm if the Streamlight Scorpion is an issue item anywhere?....or have they been fased out and replaced with something else.

scottaw

Enlightened
The obvious...the LAPD light, heck they helped design it.

Novatac did a very large order before we got ours, and it seems like military/leo's got a preview... i don't know any confirmation.

I've heard SF 6P's are standard CIA issue.

SF helmet mount lights for our military.

CMG's as already mentioned.

And it seems every LEO at one point or another used a maglite.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC TigerLights are issued to LA County Sheriffs deputies.
LAPD has started issueing the Pelican 7060 which was designed for them.
IIRC the SF Z2/G2Z is issued to FBI and Secret Service Agents.

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey great topic, there is always a lot of talk on here about lights and their use in the military etc, with that in mind can we also add brand and model. I can only add one confirmed to the list

Maglite Magcharger - Queensland Police Service (actually probably all Australian Police however can't confirm that).

WA police too, for most officers thats the only light they carry
i have seen a few with surefires, one with a weapon mounted light

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to Montreal, Québec, Canada, last monday and I saw that two police officiers were using "half dim/half bright" LED flashlights. After searching with Google, I found they are using Pelican M6 LED (1 watt luxeon?).

KeeperSD

Enlightened
NSW Police picked the WE Raider with LF EO9 for some of APEC

great choice on their behalf.

I have also been told previously by an ex fed that the Australian Federal Police are personally issued with Surefire G2's, again can't comfirm sorry

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
great choice on their behalf.

I have also been told previously by an ex fed that the Australian Federal Police are personally issued with Surefire G2's, again can't comfirm sorry

No wonder this country is going broke....all those CR123's we have to keep paying for...:)