KL4?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
what will the KL4 be? is it one of the lights to be released "this year"?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Mr Ted Bear said:
the KL-4 will be a 5 watt Luxeon Star bezel to fit the e2 series.... and yes, this year

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

i'm very curious to see streamlights offering in their 2 cell lithium 5w luxeon. should be cheaper than sf's. probably sooner too.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much do you think it will cost? Hmmm... lets see...

KL1=$50
KL4=KL1+KL1+KL1+KL1=4*$50=Yikes!!!$200??? Hope they don´t follow my math.

Do you think they will be as bright as the regular E2 and give at least double run time regulated?

Alex

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
My GUESS is KL4 will be visibly brigher than E2(e) thanks to higher lumens and color temperature. Throw may be anothre story. Full-brightness run-time may be around an hour since it's said the 5W version is basically 4x1W on the same die.

Whistler

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif KL4, 5 W /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , can't wait, are there pictures yet?
I don't dare to ask for the release date...

I'm dreaming of a white christmas -WITH A KL4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif-

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Whistler, here ya go:
fc97687a.jpg

I'm expecting the KL5/KL6 though.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they picked their LEDs well, we should be getting anywhere from 90 to 110 lumens. If otherwise... hmm.. 5 watts for 80 lumens will still be fantastic. Now all they need is the 30mm optics.:D

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL4 will be mounted in a fairly deep looking reflector. should have pretty good throw with a soft large sidespill

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
But still compared to KL5, Kl6, KL7, it looks so small.... oh, the E2E is small anyways... it's meant to be.

Whistler

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
They are in Surefire's 2003 catalogue, which you can get in PDF format from their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

downloaded the catalogue a while ago, forgot totaly too look in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif -am I sick? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif- it's getting worse: a few days ago I mailed a friend the 2002 AND 2003 catalogue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

The KL4 and Kl5 look very nice (5Watt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif) . To the KL6 and KL7 I will have to look a few times more till I like them. The proportion looks a little strange. But on the other hand, a SF 5 W...it won't take much time I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
People who attended the shot show in Orlando report that the demo KL was underdriven (~2.5W). For this reason the 80 lumen claim is quite outstanding. Peter also showed a photo of the beam (Look Here) and it looked quite impressive.

Cheers.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
These aren't production samples. Things may change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! I mean I do think these protos look kind of strange.They don't,IMHO, go very well with the bodies.

Size15's

Flashaholic
If there is a better way, you'd see it.

LittleNinjai,
If that means you won't be buying one, then there will be more for those who do want to buy one!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif