Small ALUMINUM reflector/PR bulb holder?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Small ALUMINUM reflector/PR bulb holder? Anyone know where I can find such a thing? I have a neat idea for a home made light, but I have no metalworking tools - and everything I own is housed in plastic. (except for xenon modules - which are not appropriate for my plan)

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stainless:

What I've done is to take a burned out SF Pxx L/A, remove the reflector from the rest, and drill out the center hole wide enough to accept a T-2 1/2 bulb.

I then epoxy the SF reflector to the front of the aluminum PR bulb threaded retainer ring that goes over the aluminum PR bulb retainer cylinder post. I use a Carley 912 PR base socket and plug in either a Carley T-2 1/2 bulb or a W/A T-2 1/4 bulb to the ideal focus depth. I've done this on my Nordic C lights, but it will fit on Mags with a considerable waste of space. I haven't tried trimming out the center of a Mag reflector to surround the SF LA and capture some of the side spill, but this is a future project after I kill some more SF LA's.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Sounds like a lot of work - but at least it is SOMETHING for me to consider. Don't have any burned out SF LAs, but that can certainly be worked around if necessary. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Thanks