Beam divergence

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I was just wondering what people were getting for their dot size at about 12ft caus mine is about 1cm so would the dirvergecne then be 1? caus its rought 1mm 1ft away from the laser. its a 200mw dx

thanks

comozo

Enlightened
12 feet is to close. The spot may appear large because of the reflectiveness of the surface.
For a beam to have a divergence of 1mrd the spot size would need to be 1cm at 10 meters-approx 33 feet.

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
no mine is 1cm at 12 ft i put it up agenst a black case and i could watch the beem get bigger as i walkd away so if its 1cm at 12' does that mean mine is about 2.8-3mrd?

and also whare can i hapen to get a collimation lens that will fit this laser?

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
ok i mesured it at 53 ft and it was 3.5cm so that gives me 2.2mrd for my divergence now how do i get that lower or can i?

teaken

Newly Enlightened
new wish lasers are focusable, look down the front of the laser (carefully) you'll see two notches either side of the lens turning either way will adjust the focus, just be careful the lenses can be scratched.
It's a pretty timely process getting it perfect but I played with the focus on my 30mw newwish and it improved the divergence noticeably.

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
Ok but no way can i mess up my laser buy turning it right. caus i just spent 120$ on this thing and i ended up messing um my 50mw just by clenaing it with denatured alchol and it loosend up the glue on the lens and well it didnt focus any more. but anways the only way i can mess up the laser is by scratching the lens right? so if i just turn it it wont mess up anway is their glue on it to keep it form turning?

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
o ya i forgot to mention the reason i am afrad of breaking it is caus the past 5 other lasers i have ownd (4 leadlights 1 dx50)i broke withn 2 weeks and i really like this one and dont want it to break

f22warzone

Newly Enlightened
i completly agree with you but for some reason i will end up getting this thing for more power and a better beam and i will end up messing it up o well hopely i dont brake it :p