The Fenix-Store
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wee Q4 NS & Titanium Purchase Thread.

Default Re: Wee Q4 NS & Titanium Purchase Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzy View Post
    Glad your enjoying it ruri It hasn't left my neck either in over a month(except for showers heh can't get a good scrub with it hanging from the neck)

... since it would be international shipping...you might as well order yourself a Raw or SoR and get a free case with it
    The currency conversion rate is 1pound = 3singapore dollars here so no more new lights for me for quite a while... at least no more EDC lights.. but i guess there's always an exception if Rob decides to make his LED ring prototype available at an affordable price

Quote Originally Posted by ruriimasu View Post
    did u get the charger? guess u need a charger for it too..

Already got several nano's from previous orders from Rob.

Tim

The Web site is fully working with all products now.
    The cart issue has been fixed & all working well
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

Enlightened

for Wee NS 50 to keep my Raw NS company

Quote Originally Posted by jgdawes View Post
    for Wee NS 50 to keep my Raw NS company
    for
    Indeed what Wee is designed for.. Companionship
    www.Lummi.co.uk

Buttrock Re: Wee Q4 NS & Titanium Purchase Thread.

Wee arrived today!!!

Like others have said, you really have to see it to realize just how small it is.

Been playing with it in a windowless room, but can't wait until dark to really try it out.

Thanks for another great product, Rob.

Tim

*Flashaholic*

I got my first Wee today, and have what is likely a dumb question:

Does it matter how the magnets are placed when charging? There are instructions for the other lights on the website, but not the Wee.
    Last edited by donn_; 11-24-2007 at 05:12 AM. Reason: brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post

Does it matter how the batteries are placed when charging? There are instructions for the other lights on the website, but not the Wee.
    Pretty much the same.

The end of the battery with the indented ring and smaller, raised metal button is the Pos. end. It goes towards the rounded end of the nano charger.

Tim

*Flashaholic*

I had a brain fart, and meant to ask about the arrangement of the magnets.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    I had a brain fart, and meant to ask about the arrangement of the magnets.

Sorry.
    Can't see how they would make any difference, as long as it fits in the charger.

FWIW, I put a stack of 5 magnets on the bottom and it fits charger perfectly.

Tim

*Flashaholic*

Thanks, Tim.

My NS 50 arrived yesterday from Lighthound, comes stock from John with two blue tritiums (tritii?), wire lanyard with one clear and one black wrap, and six magnetic spacers, in a small clear plastic box. I added the charger and battery that John shows on his Wee page, a 3.6 volt lithium AAA Nano, and a 10180 (which came in a small ziplock with two magnetic spacers equal in length to the six with the WEE, so I can use either or).

I started out eons ago with a mini Mag, then a Photon Micro when they first came out, that was bumped by Granee's original ARC AAA Premium, which has hung from my key ring since October 17, 2003, and will continue to do so, as it has proven itself not only bulletproof, but elegant. Now, leapfroging again, comes the all but irresistible WEE, a proprietary battery-powered Cree emitter in a finely machined body, all as big as the tip of my finger. Thanks John and Rob.

Enlightened

I got my WEE 25 Lumen about 1 week ago... Damn nice light.

Flashaholic

OK, this is my first custom light (Yes, I'm a virgin)

After looking at this baby for well over a year, I'm ready to pull the trigger!

1 Wee NS 80. £35
    2 Ice Blue Locators £12
    1 Extra 10180 Cell £5
    1 CR123 Nano charger with magnetic spacers £6
    International Outside UK Shipping £6

Total International £64 GBP

I just went to the mailbox, and it isn't here yet

Congratulations on your purchase TECENG. I too am a custom flashlight virgin, unless of course you count the ROP 2D I built personally. My Raw Ti should be with me next week. To add to that, my girlfriend is having her custom flashlight virginity taken by force, with the gift of a Wee NS 80 from me!

I just ordered a Wee NS direct from the Lummi website, can't wait for it to arrive! Only problem is I already wish I'd chosen the TI version! Has anybody got both? is it worth me emailing Rob and changing the order?
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.(Ben Sweetland)

Quote Originally Posted by Empyfree View Post
    I just ordered a Wee NS direct from the Lummi website, can't wait for it to arrive! Only problem is I already wish I'd chosen the TI version! Has anybody got both? is it worth me emailing Rob and changing the order?
    I'm sure it will not be a problem to email Rob to change the order just as long as it is not yet shipped out. However, consider the following before changing...

1.)EDIT: Information provided here was inaccurate / out of date, sorry

2.)The body walls are quite thick, and so, coupled with the small size, the Wee is practically bulletproof in NS form anyway.

in its defence, Titanium has more strength, less weight and the obvious 'cool factor', so I went for the Ti option when I had the Raw Ti.
    Last edited by MikeSalt; 02-18-2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: misleading information corrected

I'm about to take the plunge so to speak but am undecided about output. Clearly this won't be used to illuminate the backyard rather as a middle of the night hit the can (walk to the lu?) so, what intensity have you folks been getting?

Karl

Cheers Mike, I guess I'll stay with the NS version then, and save my money for playing out!

I've gone for maximum shock factor, people are getting used to me and my big bright lights now, can't wait to see their faces when they look for where all 80 lumens are coming from, and I've got it hidden behind a fingernail or some other huge obstruction!

I think the future of bright little lights is fairly safe in the hands of Rob and others on this forum, future LED technology can only mean brighter, longer, cooler and that's a good thing.
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.(Ben Sweetland)

Quote Originally Posted by karlthev View Post
    I'm about to take the plunge so to speak but am undecided about output. Clearly this won't be used to illuminate the backyard rather as a middle of the night hit the can (walk to the lu?) so, what intensity have you folks been getting?

Karl
    For my lady, I went for the 80 lumen version, and bought a spare cell for her. On each cell, you get 15 minutes to 50% output, so that is 30 minutes runtime for two cells. For a keychain light, this is plenty of runtime between charges. These are all guilt-free lumens, so milk it!

Rob... we(e) need a matching spare cell holder for our keys/edc bunch! Would be pretty cool if you could machine something the same diameter as a WEE but with a blank cap (insulated of course!) and a keyring attachment. I'd be up for one with a matching tritrium set into the cap!

Slight correction required.
    MikeSalt Said: 1.) Polished nickel silver is more reflective than polished titanium. Being that the reflector is actually part of the body, this means that the Ti version suffers more optical loss, and thus has a lower output.

Actually the Ti can be polished just as bright & would be more silver like a reflector in colour than the NS.

2.)The body walls are quite thick, and so, coupled with the small size, the Wee is practically bulletproof in NS form anyway.

Wee Titanium is stronger than the NS. Example if you were to drive a car over a Wee the Ti stands a better chance of not crushing.

www.Lummi.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Empyfree View Post
    Rob... we(e) need a matching spare cell holder for our keys/edc bunch! Would be pretty cool if you could machine something the same diameter as a WEE but with a blank cap (insulated of course!) and a keyring attachment. I'd be up for one with a matching tritrium set into the cap!
    No plan to produce a 10180 cell holder other than a Wee I am sorry to say.
    www.Lummi.co.uk

Ahh, my information of the Titanium reflector seems to be out of date. Have you managed to improve the surface polishing or something? Or is it likely that my original source was just wrong (cannot find it again)?

Ok, so rolling it over with a car is an extreme example. Generally, the Wee NS will be strong enough in most instances. But yes, if you are pushing it to the extreme, titanium is the way to go, hence the fact I have a Raw Ti.

The reflectors on both NS & Ti are very finely machined. The surface finish is about as good as its gets in machining. Not sure on your information Mike. To my knowledge Reflectors for torches have not been made from Ti before the Wee Ti.
    Extreme example, I'd better see what a little wee can take then....?
    www.Lummi.co.uk

E-mail to you re: Wee Ti light levels.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    Extreme example, I'd better see what a little wee can take then....?
    Oh dear, what have I started? I hope this does not lead to an intentional abuse thread for the poor Wee.

I cannot find that source stating that the titanium was less reflective. It was in reference to the Wee, but obviously it was wrong. My apologies.

Unenlightened

i dont see why the reflectors needed to be made of Ti, would not a seperate %60 lighter aluminium reflector be more suitable?

can't see that it would make much a diference to strength if the body was titanium

nit picking i know just curious

The reflector is actually part of the body. There are two reasons for this. The first is that it is easier to machine body and reflector as a single piece. The second is that the reflector acts as the heatsink, so making the reflector and body out of one piece turns the whole body into the heatsink, with no boundaries for the thermal pathways to overcome. This will ensure that the LED does not have a shortened lifetime due to excess heat.

Unenlightened

i see your point but my raw Ti's reflector seems to be made from aluminium so why the difference in the wee?

i'd of thought as aluminium is more conductive if anything would be more suitable as a heat sink? and less hot to hold as its got less conductivity to the body
    Raw Ti 5 Locator