Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

Default Re: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

Looks like only the Tri-flupic is $40

Default Re: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
    I don't see .770" listed other than the Tri-FluPIC

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TranquillityBase View Post
    I don't see .770" listed other than the Tri-FluPIC
    #3 here. Perfect for Arc LS.
    -Will-

Sorry, I have retired from flashlight modding & I do not make custom flashlights. Thank you for your understanding.

My Mod Archive

Thanks guys for pointing out I restocked FLuPICs and Tri-FLuPICs on the store.

I also have 10x 0.77" Arc, Q3 boards I had built for the buyers in this thread. I didn't post to the store yet since there are so few I wanted those who posted the first crack at them. These are indeed priced at $25 a piece. Please refer to the first post for payment details.

In the near future I'll be able to figure out if I have some 10.5mm boards to offer as well.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post

I also have 10x 0.77" Arc, Q3 boards I had built for the buyers in this thread. I didn't post to the store yet since there are so few I wanted those who posted the first crack at them. These are indeed priced at $25 a piece. Please refer to the first post for payment details.

In the near future I'll be able to figure out if I have some 10.5mm boards to offer as well.
    PM incoming on the Arc board
    -Will-

Sorry, I have retired from flashlight modding & I do not make custom flashlights. Thank you for your understanding.

My Mod Archive

I would like one of those if and when available.

Flashaholic*

Paypal cash sent for two Arc-Q3 0.77" Flupics.

I'm also interested in some 10.5 boards. Please pu me down for two.

Thanks
    -Will-
    -Will-

My Mod Archive

PayPal sent for two Arc LS boards.

Thank you!

I'd like four .770" Arc LS boards.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by TranquillityBase; 05-14-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Kevin is supposed to be sending some of these in the next few days. Supplies will be limited so I'll ship these in the order interest was posted. I think there will be enough for you guys, but probably not much more unless I can get more.
    Still interested in 1 Triflupic.
    I tried to order through TNC products but when I go to checkout it is trying to charge $24 shipping. What am I doing wrong? I need to pay CC PayPal.

Thanks Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Still interested in 1 Triflupic.
    I tried to order through TNC products but when I go to checkout it is trying to charge $24 shipping. What am I doing wrong? I need to pay CC PayPal.

Thanks Norm
    Hi Norm,

I can't say. I'm sorry for the trouble. We're going to be changing the store software as soon as we have the time.

My CC paypal is Bogus1CC AT Earthlink DOT NET

Please add $6 for first class or $15 for priority international.

Thanks

for 1 X Triflupic.
    Norm

Have the Triflupics gone out yet?
    Norm

Hi Norm,

I try to ship the day I get paypal, if not I ship the next available date. Everyone gets a shipping email automatically through the paypal system *except* those who ship first class Intl. because I have to do that the old fashioned way and wait in line at the PO. I'm sorry for the oversight on my part, but your tri-FLuPIC was shipped about a week ago. Thanks

Received my Tri Flupic today Thank You, the D li-ion running a I have from KD seems to sag too much to achieve more than 2.6 Amps flat out running a P7. I have a pack consisting of 4 Eneeloop AA in series, is the voltage too high for the Tri Flupic?
    Norm

4 eneloops will work just fine. I have a 1d mag set up witha tri-flupic that way. But I haven't measured the current, so I can't say what that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by acourvil View Post
    4 eneloops will work just fine. I have a 1d mag set up with a tri-flupic that way. But I haven't measured the current, so I can't say what that will be.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried it last night, can't remember the exact measurement but I was close to 4 Amps so I discontinued the test and went back to my KD D Li-ion, I'd rather run safely at 2.6 than be running the FluPic hot.
    Norm

I have a tri-flupic running with 4AA's (2000mAh Sony- low self discharged) to drive a P7. I have measure 3.6A going the the P7 in burst mode. However its starts flickering after about 20s with fresh batteries. Also I cannot set the user settable levels higher than the brightness setting 8, after that I get flickering. Quite annoying, it does not seem that I can make the most of that setting.
    Has anybody had that problem?
    It seems to be OK with a C size Li-ion, no flickering.
    Does the tri-flupic need heavy heat sinking? I have stuck mine using adhesive thermal pads (adhesive pad on the chip side) on a piece of alumiminium glued with artic alumina on the P7 heat sink. Do I need to pot the tri-flupic rather than rely on thermaly conductive adhesive pads?

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I have measure 3.6A going the the P7 in burst mode.
    I guess that part makes sense, I think burst is set to 1.2 Amps so 3 X 1.2 = 3.6.
    Norm

I guess that part makes sense, I think burst is set to 1.2 Amps so 3 X 1.2 = 3.6.
    Norm

The Tri-Flupics should draw 2.8amps Max. I just built 8 P7 Lights and every one drew 2.8amps at 4v.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com
    *Note* Shipping Insurance must be requested.

Received my Tri Flupic today Thank You, the D li-ion running a I have from KD seems to sag too much to achieve more than 2.6 Amps flat out running a P7. I have a pack consisting of 4 Eneeloop AA in series, is the voltage too high for the Tri Flupic?
    Norm
    Remember the LED is seeing more current than you are mearuring at the battery.

The last P7's I received draw 2.8amps at 3.3-3.5v

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmacclel View Post
    Remember the LED is seeing more current than you are mearuring at the battery.

The last P7's I received draw 2.8amps at 3.3-3.5v

Mac
    I would say that depends on the batterie voltage, the led Vf and the way the tri-flupic works (i.e efficiency). If the batterie pack is 3.3-3.5V and the led VF is 3.3-3.5V assuming that all the energy in = all energy out (no losses, 100% efficiency) then the currrent in is about the same as the current out. I understand that the tri-flupic is set to regulate the current out at 3.6A? when at max setting, hence this would indicate that the set-up you are running is limitted by the current and voltage that your batterie can give not by the tri-flupic. Therefor it may be possible to get a higher current out (which is what I measured) with a different batterie set-up (i.e: 4AA's) (altough the current in should be somewhat lower if the tri-flupic efficiency is good).

Does anybody know the efficiency of the tri-flupic in function of the batterie voltage and led Vf at the different settings?
    Last edited by Luminous; 05-28-2008 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I would say that depends on the batterie voltage, the led Vf and the way the tri-flupic works (i.e efficiency). If the batterie pack is 3.3-3.5V and the led VF is 3.3-3.5V assuming that all the energy in = all energy out (no losses, 100% efficiency) then the currrent in is about the same as the current out. I understand that the tri-flupic is set to regulate the current out at 3.6A? when at max setting, hence this would indicate that the set-up you are running is limitted by the current and voltage that your batterie can give not by the tri-flupic. Therefor it may be possible to get a higher current out with a different batterie set-up (i.e: 4AA's).

Does anybody know the efficiency of the tri-flupic in function of the batterie voltage and led Vf at the different settings?
    From my understanding

The Flupic Drivers do not regulate current at 3.6amps. They do no regulate at all they provide a Max current with PWM dimming. A regulated light maintains the same EXACT brightness no matter what the input voltage is. The flupic just regulates the max current and changes the brightness through PWM based on the input voltage. It does not Boost or Buck.

Mac
    www.macscustoms.com

Thanks for the replies Mac. Is a heat sink necessary for the TriFlupic?
    Norm

Flashaholic*

As I understand it,the Tri-flupic does not regulate on burst,but the max output of each chip(x3) is limited to 1200ma.I think the output is dependant on the input voltage.With four NiMH output should be around 3.6a,with one Li-ion output will be lower,from observation.I am assuming this is because of the emitter Vf and the dropout voltage of the driver.

The max Vin is 5.5v according to goldserve.You will get the flicker on the high levels if the driver is not very well heatsinked.I had one(4xNiMH)that was marginally sinked and it flickered until I potted and remounted(w/AA) on a modified H22A heatsink.With this combination it has been solid.

Michael
    Last edited by TexLite; 05-28-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: clarity

Thanks for your help.
    I have potted the tri-flupic and it now works without flickering on all levels.
    Just to clarify, the tri-flupic is only a dimmer? it does not regulate at all (even semi-regulate)? I am a bit confused.
    I thought it was possible to have a flupic either set at 1A or 1.2A in Burst. Is the current limitation only with a particular voltage? If not, there must be some kind of regulation as the current limitation would be independent of voltage?
    Last edited by Luminous; 05-29-2008 at 03:56 PM.

Anyone who knows more please correct me since I can't find the info. on the old threads, but this is what I remember:

FLuPICs are LDO buck boards with PWM dimming. When the burst is set at DD then it works just like a DD PWM controller (out of regulation). As long as Vin > Vf you have buck regulation unless you are in burst at DD.

Flashaholic*

I've been trying to place an order through your site for the past 10 mins. It's running extremely slow right now & I keep getting logged out due to some type of browser security check. Never had a problem ordering before.

I will just place my order through paypal.

PP cash sent for:
    1x Flupic converter version 2.2 Standard Sammie 0.55"
    1x Flupic converter version 2.2 Standard Sammie 0.55" 1amp burst
    First class shipping.

Not sure if you have me down but as posted before, please put me down for two 10.5mm Flupics.

Thanks
    -Will-
    -Will-

My Mod Archive

Hi Will,

Thanks, I shipped your order. I'm sorry for the inconvenience as I admit the store can be a pain. We have a new store almost ready, I just need to put in the time to get it running.

Flashaholic*

Paypal sent for 3x 10.5mm Flupics.

Thanks
    -Will-

My Mod Archive