ArmyTek
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

Default Re: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

Bogus1: I've sent paypal for 1 tri-flupic with a standard program and first class shipping. Thanks again for making these gems available again.

Default Re: **Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

When you guys put your Tri-Flupics in service, please post here the results!

I've carried the interest list forward in an effort to round up the strays

Norm – Tri Flupic
    NetKidz - Tri Flupic PAID
    AndyTiedye - (3x) Tri Flupic PAID
    datiLED - Tri Flupic
    Nebula - (2x) Tri Flupic, Piglet Flupic PAID
    J.D. - Flupic (2x) PAID
    Jwl - Tri Flupic
    X Marine - Tri Flupic (2x), Flupic (2x), Piglets (2x) Arc-Q3 (2x), Jil (2x) PAID
    Russki - Tri Flupic PAID
    Ledean - (2x) Tri Flupic PAID
    Walt175 - Tri Flupic (2x)
    PhotonAddict - Tri Flupic PAID
    Cryhavoc - Tri Flupic
    TranquillityBase – (3x) Tri Flupic, .770” PAID
    flex76itlay - Tri Flupic
    Gizzy - ?(currently convinced that saying "i love you" is enough)?
    plasmaman - Tri Flupic (2x)
    Gmoney - Tri Flupic (2x) PAID
    acourvil - (2x) Tri Flupic, Flupic w/ burst set at 1amp, 10.55mm, PAID
    Sancho886 Tri Flupic PAID

Totals:
    Flu pic 6
    Tri Flupic 31
    Piglets 4
    Arc-Q3 (.77) 3
    10.5mm 3 (same as Jill)
    Last edited by Bogus1; 02-18-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus1 View Post
    I built a Aleph A-19XR with one of the flupics while I was watching Green Bay give up the ghost on Sunday. The light turned out great, but I kind of wanted Brent Favre to retire in a blaze of glory instead of throwing an interception in sudden death overtime.

I also sent Fred a Flupic to put in my Blocky Boy.

BTW, is there any kind of spec sheet on the tri-flupics around? I'm assuming that it has the same voltage limitations as the regular flupic, but that it runs three emitters in parallel based on what I've seen. But if it is more flexible than that, it would open up some other possibilities . . . .
    Last edited by acourvil; 01-22-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Actually the LEDs aren't driven in parallel. It is as the name sounds: essentially three Flupic drivers in one with each LED driven individually up to 1.2amp burst. To take full advantage you would need a 18650 or larger cell. If you want more info please be specific and I'll chew on Kevin for more data.

Understood, I was using the term parallel loosely. The main thing I was wondering about is what the max voltage is, but I'm assuming that it is 5 or 6 volts and limited to a single Li ion cell. A wiring diagram would be good, too, although based on a quick look I think the markings on the board are probably sufficient.

Well the picture being worth the thousand words probably works here too. Yes the voltage is the same as the regular FLuPIC limited to a single Li-ion. I've driven the single FLuPIC with great results with 4x AA NiMh cells. It overdrives the Crees and K2s nicely.

Thanks, that's easier than squinting at the letters on the boards.

Please remove me from list, i´ve already ordered and received 2 pieces from TNC Shop.
    Thanx

I've carried the interest list forward in an effort to round up the strays

Norm – Tri Flupic
    NetKidz - Tri Flupic

AndyTiedye - (3x) Tri Flupic PAID
    datiLED - Tri Flupic
    Nebula - (2x) Tri Flupic, Piglet Flupic PAID
    J.D. - Flupic (2x)
    Jwl - Tri Flupic
    X Marine - Tri Flupic (2x), Flupic (2x), Piglets (2x) Arc-Q3 (2x), Jil (2x)
    Russki - Tri Flupic PAID
    Ledean - (2x) Tri Flupic PAID
    Walt175 - Tri Flupic (2x)
    PhotonAddict - Tri Flupic PAID
    Cryhavoc - Tri Flupic
    TranquillityBase – (3x) Tri Flupic, .770” PAID
    flex76itlay - Tri Flupic
    Gizzy - ?(currently convinced that saying "i love you" is enough)?
    plasmaman - Tri Flupic (2x)
    karlthev -Tri Flupic & Piglet
    Gmoney - Tri Flupic (2x) PAID
    acourvil - (2x) Tri Flupic, Flupic w/ burst set at 1amp, 10.55mm, PAID
    Sancho886 Tri Flupic PAID

Totals:
    Flu pic 6
    Tri Flupic 31
    Piglets 4
    Arc-Q3 (.77) 3
    10.5mm 3 (same as Jill)

Hi Bogus,
    Pack emm up good, the PO just lost 5 C-cells coming t me, out of a bubble envelope. Strange how one end somehow ripped open and then was taped back up with uspo tape and still left a hole open.. Grrrr

Details on the PP order..
    Thanks again
    X/BillyD..

Hi X-Marine,

The four boards would run $130 total plus either $3 or $6 depending on your haste

I'm hoping to be playing with Micro-Flex N cell prototypes next week and if all goes well then in February we could have the aluminum lights and perhaps even Ti lights ready. I'm so busy right now and Icarus does such great work he might assemble the canisters (threaded pills). Incidently before there was a Draco he was bulding these N cell 10.5mm pills for me as a mod to the original TnC N cell. Others have used his service since for this and they can attest to his skill. The only hang up there is shipping to an fro
    So much to learn, so little time.. ')
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Flashapalooza, TBA? ')

Thanks JD, and noted.

Billy D, the 150/800 Piglets have yet to arrive. Do you wish me to hold your order pending their arrival, or send the 50/500s in their place? The last option would be to ship two parcels, but that would cost more.

acourvil, I hear you. I guess I lost spring chicken status now I can no longer read the fine print. That just happened this year. I think I'll keep blaming it on sitting too long in front of the monitor reading CPF

Sorry if this was answered before.
    What high voltage limit for 50/500 Piglets.
    Can 18670 initial voltage in around 4.2 V. damage it?
    Thanks.
    Waiting for 150/800 piglets to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Russki View Post
    Sorry if this was answered before.
    What high voltage limit for 50/500 Piglets.
    Can 18670 initial voltage in around 4.2 V. damage it?
    Thanks.
    Waiting for 150/800 piglets to come.
    Hi Russki,

Sorry for the delayed response. The high voltage is 5v I believe, so a Li-ion is fine. It shouldn't be too much longer for the 150/800 boards.

Thanks JD, and noted.

Billy D, the 150/800 Piglets have yet to arrive. Do you wish me to hold your order pending their arrival, or send the 50/500s in their place? The last option would be to ship two parcels, but that would cost more.

acourvil, I hear you. I guess I lost spring chicken status now I can no longer read the fine print. That just happened this year. I think I'll keep blaming it on sitting too long in front of the monitor reading CPF
    Rgr, just hold till all in. thanks
    May grab a single from the site if needed.

ThanX
    X..
    So much to learn, so little time.. ')
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Flashapalooza, TBA? ')

I managed to burn one FluPic with reverse polarity, and another light has been stolen at work. I need to replace these. I tried to order from your store and shipping of two 0.55" FluPics came to $26. That can't be true, please tell me what shipping to Sweden could be for two single 2.2 FluPics.
    Stefan

StefanFS,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the store. I haven't heard of that happening. Did you select express mail? Can you please copy your shopping cart details and paste to me in a PM?

First class would be about $7 and priority about $14 I think. My paypal is bogus1cc AT earthlink DOT net. If you copy your cart details to paypal and adjust for shipping that should work out. Please let me know.

Flashaholic

Hi Bogus1,

What's the current limit on the tri-flupic? I have 3 LED's that are only rated to 700mA and would prefer not to toast them

Thanks,

Kris.

Hi Kris,

There is no real current limit on these other than DD on burst. Also I would need to know what you are running before I could give a rough guess. If your batteries don't have the capacity DD wouldn't be very high to begin with, however if you use the set levels and avoid burst you should be alright since you can program your levels from 1-10.

Please let me know if this answers the question or if someone else wants to chime in.

Flashaholic

It would be for a AW 18650 running 3 white rebel 100's.

Exactly the same as the light below except i'd like different levels.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=186239

Hmmm . . . I thought that it had a 1200mA max per emitter in burst mode, like the standard flupic.

acourvil,

The tri-FLuPIC does have a burst of approximately 1.2amps if you have the battery that can provide the current. Burst is DD on these boards.

KrisP,

You can limit your LEDs in the area of 700mA, but I am not sure where that will be and I don't have rebels here to test. Otherwise I’d just be guessing.

You could try adjusting the levels and measure the current to the LEDs until you find the max setting you want to use. Then you would just avoid burst or higher levels, unless you felt lucky or wanted a quick blast.

Flashaholic

Thanks. Order placed via your store

Flashaholic*

Oops... Didn't know the thread moved here.

I still want one tri-flupic as posted but I also want one piglet. Is it still available?

Thanks.

Hi NetKidz,

I'm glad you found the thread. The 50/500 Piglet is in stock (as well as Tri-FLuPIC0 and it's fine if you want to order. Post #1 of this thread has the details.

Flashaholic*

Hi Bogus1,

Order #97 placed and paid via your store.

Thanks.

Finally found host for Tri-flupic.
    send for 1 Tri-flupic, and 1 500/50 piglet.
    Still waiting on 800/150 piglet.
    Thanks Eric.

Eric
    I just ordered 2 more piglets.
    I love this board.
    Thanks

Eric
    I just ordered 2 more piglets.
    I love this board.
    Thanks
    I'm glad you are pleased. Care to share your application for these?

The Piglets are hand built by Kevin (Goldserve) and take him a long time. These multi level buck/boost boards have been around for a couple years and yet there is a lengthy thread discussing a ‘new’ product manufactured overseas. Even so those boards are not being made available 'loose'. Sadly, after this batch is completed this may be the last of these boards that work well in ES cans and other standard size sammie applications. I will have another small batch of 50/500 boards and then a small batch of 150/800 boards and then we'll see.

Eric thanks for update.
    I use piglet with R2 Cree in A19 with 18650 tube.
    It is the best combination of: 2 regulated levels, brightness and runtime to date (my favorite beam too).
    I use this light every day at my work, and can not be happier.
    I also in the process of building: 3 R2 Cree with Tri-flupic in Aleph 3 Head.
    And I have another project: Minimag light with R2 and piglet.
    I will post pictures if and when I am done and succeeded.
    I also wanted to build some lights using you parts. What stops me, there isn’t Cree canister in stock.
    Do you have plans to make more of this? I sort of fan of Cree.
    Thanks.

I just ordered another Tri-flupic.
    Please add to my prior order.
    Thanks.

Eric thanks for update.
    I use piglet with R2 Cree in A19 with 18650 tube.
    It is the best combination of: 2 regulated levels, brightness and runtime to date (my favorite beam too).
    I use this light every day at my work, and can not be happier.
    I also in the process of building: 3 R2 Cree with Tri-flupic in Aleph 3 Head.
    And I have another project: Minimag light with R2 and piglet.
    I will post pictures if and when I am done and succeeded.
    I also wanted to build some lights using you parts. What stops me, there isn’t Cree canister in stock.
    Do you have plans to make more of this? I sort of fan of Cree.
    Thanks.
    Great projects! The Cree certainly has its advantages. This is true with TnC and mag lights where you can use the light without the head for lantern use and the glass dome is tougher than the gummy dome and doesn't attract dust.

We will make more Cree canisters. One machine after another it seems broke down at the shop and had to be fixed. This has delayed restocking the Cree canisters as well as numerous other parts and projects