Luxeon M4JW, How would it compare to others?

ufokillerz

Enlightened
I dont understand the binning at all, and the M4JW that i use seem pretty damn white and bright, overdriven at 4.5v, anyone have experience with this bin? These are High Domes. I haven't used any other bins before and have no idea how a Q2 or something like that would be.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, m is a little low on the brightness (between 13.9 and 18.1lumens) (i believe according to lumileds, 18lumens is average?), 3 is the whitest, so 4 is a little purple, and j is pretty close to average voltage requirements. ave is 3.5v, j is between 3.27 and 3.51

overall, that code isn't all that great...but not really bad either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overdriven @ 4.5 volts, most LS would be white, or going towards blue purple.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
q and m are luminous flux codes.

m is 13.9-18.1, q is 30.6-39.8 quite a difference

as far as color (the middle number) at 4, you will likely notice a slight purplish color, but it will be more obvious when compared to a 3

at the lumileds site, they have datasheets that explain pretty much everything. look for the luxeon bin code datasheet to learn more about binning.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I concur with Roth. I have several Ms and these are waaaaay dimmer than Q's, even when aggressively overdriven. The color rank '4' and low Vf bin 'J'are not bad though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif