Help with EDC forums issue

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and girls,

I know alot of you are members of the EDC forums as well, and I'm having an issue.

This came up before and Lowworm fixed it immediately. I emailed her only to find out she's not running the web end of the site, its just JSB now (I guess). Anyways I tried emailing him to no avail. When I try to log into the site, I get this message:

Sorry stillphoto, you are banned from using this forum!
John, enjoy your permanent vacation from EDCF. Banned for baiting, trollish behavior, and constant harrassment of ownership and staff.

The only problem is, I'm not John. John was GadgetGuy, who did in fact get banned. The fact that we both came from an AOL IP address I believe sometimes messed with the site's software.

So I'd like to be surfing the sister site to CPF, I just haven't gotten through to him, and I figured someone else might be able to PM him directly on EDC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will check into this and post when I find out more.

- an EDCF moderator

EDIT: email sent

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
SAME error messge to me after about 30 minutes (twice) through one of my ISPs. I used another one of my ISPs & worked...??? John, said he was looking into it.

I'm not John either! :D BTW my problem happened while using AOL...my other provider worked fine.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent to Sigman.

I fixed stillphoto's login problem. Hopefully, the same tweak will fix others' AOL/EDCF login problems, too.