Looking for a keychain LED light

MegaVic

Newly Enlightened
The length should be 2 inches or below, preferably waterproof. Any recommendation?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I can't think of anything better than the ARC AAA for the keychain. I mean the 2003 version ofcourse.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc AAA is a heck of a light. I can't recommend it enough. However some people would prefer the smaller, lighter and cheaper Photon 2 or Photon 3. I don't know how waterproof it is though.

I suppose it depends on how seriously you are afflicted with flashaholism.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Yet another vote for the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gifArc AAA/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

By the way, what's the difference between the 2003 version and the regular version?

Anarchocap

Enlightened
The Photon lights use Lithium coin cells.

Photon 3s are waterproof because of the membrane swtich. Of course, that switch, I have heard, introduces other issues. Anyone have updates on their P3s? Have improvements been made?

Photon IIs are not waterproof, but given I live in a desert, its pretty easy most of the time to avoid problems of that nature. I really think the Photon II is the ultimate smallest sized production single LED on the market today. For the purpose of having some form of light on you anywhere you go, it just can't be beat.

The Arc AAA lights are great, they're just not as convenient as the Photons because of their obviously larger size.

A great light that may or may not also fit your idea (not for me) of a keychain LED is the CMG Infinity Ultra. You get the longer runtime of the AA battery at the expense of a thicker body.

Choices, choices...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, MegaVic.

The ARC AAA is the most highly tauted light on the board. Many people prefer other lights for their keychains. I wouldn't want you to think it is amazingly bright. It is a single LED obviously powered by a single AAA. It has circuity that I would rather someone more versed than I explain. It is my most used light and my most used tool. So, I would say that it is amazingly useful. The inventor, Mr. Gransee, is highly esteemed for many good reasons.

A little off topic...

Gentlemen, I saw that GlowBug put a 30% price increase on these. I had heard there would be an increase, but 30%?

IMHO it is still worth it./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif You guys?

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
If you are looking for an LED keychain light that is waterproof and is not an Arc AAA, I suggest looking into a CMG O-4 Mini Task Light.

cmg_04_clr.jpg

The O-4 is waterproof to a depth of ten feet.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Maybe I'm a bit blind, but my photon ll throws about the same light as my 3 LED attitude, just not as wide....I hope it is semi waterproof because so many people drool over it....