Huntlight FT01XSE - Upgradeable?

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I'd like to put a Q5 in this light but the emitter looks to be surface mounted to the PCB. Has anyone done this mod?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have put a Seoul in mine and used a .030" spacer to get it up into the reflector to get a proper beam. A Cree would have to go higher than that I would think, the die being lower than the Seoul's.
I have a Cree Q2 drop in from SuperTactical that works. The hotspot is small and bright like that of the D-mini. Perhaps some of the other drop ins would work.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have put a Seoul in mine and used a .030" spacer to get it up into the reflector to get a proper beam. A Cree would have to go higher than that I would think, the die being lower than the Seoul's.
I have a Cree Q2 drop in from SuperTactical that works. The hotspot is small and bright like that of the D-mini. Perhaps some of the other drop ins would work.

are you referring to Huntlight FT01XSE or FT01PJ?

LightBeing

Newly Enlightened
It can be done - just a matter of how much work you want to put in it. Personally I'd leave it as is just cause I don't think you'll gain much and will probably end up with a less clean beam.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
It can be done - just a matter of how much work you want to put in it. Personally I'd leave it as is just cause I don't think you'll gain much and will probably end up with a less clean beam.

That's my fear. It's really a great light as is. And the surface-mount issue intimidates me.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well be sure to drop a line to me in a few weeks. I am waiting delivery of a multimode PCB and I already have the SSC U-bin at hand...

enjoy, kostas