ArmyTek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Express you interest in parts for Aleph lights.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Aleph 2 head?

Don and Wayne - , I really enjoy the Aleph line and look forward to its continuation, be it through new runs of the originals or through entirely new iterations. . Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post

When the GDuP becomes available, I do hope to get a few limited production Ti Aleph lights going. The primary thrust though will be in aluminum and if I can support or help Wayne and Cindy in any manner to those ends I will do so. The E series program is so diverse and so many existing components and providers available gives it strength beyond any other platform that I am aware of. The biggest hurdle as Wayne has mentioned is that of economies of scale and identifying items of significant interest where demand will reasonably meet the supply size required in production.

The "x2" converters provided two levels of constant current to the LED and the improved efficiencies here became my primary focus pulling me away from the Aleph series. The rapid developments and changes in LED's seriously undermined the stability of any project that would entail large quantities of parts and the resulting and required longer runtime in the market. As Wayne has stated, the GDuP will now bring the Aleph light engines to state of the art and allow for rapid and reasonable upgrade and evolution of Aleph based heads. We have both felt and discussed that once LED's got past 100 lumens of output it was time to consider the three speed. The time has come and actually been here for a while.

The sample Aleph Mule shown above doesn't enjoy the efficiency on low that the PD mule does but aside from that, the soft and easy momentary activation of low and high is very kind to the user and such a solution will be much easier on the pocket book for anyone already involved in the Aleph/ E series platform. Stick a GDuP LE in there and the Aleph Mule has one leg up on the PD Mule in terms of speeds. Obviously this GDuP is not limited to just a mule either! The XR can is simple and sound in construction, IMHO, and although at present it is host to just the XR MCPCB, there is no reason it can't host a Seoul MCPCB or Rebel MCPCB for that matter. There is all kinds of potential for existing as well as new Aleph heads. Frankly, the prospects are overwhelming!!!

Default Re: Express you interest in parts for Aleph lights.

Let's look at the Aleph parts. Assume you want an A2 head. What Light Engine would you use? Are you planning on using a Cree or Seoul as neither of these really fit in the A2. You'd have to shim the Seoul on the standard LE and the Cree is a no go for the A2.

The Cree as well is a no go for the A1 or the A3 head.

Given the above no go would there still be interest in more heads of the current configuration.

Those of you who have posted and have expressed an interest if you could clarify your thoughts in this thread. I'd like to know what your plans are and more importantly how many you are thinking about? 1?

I would be hard pressed to make a run of 50 when there is demand for one.

Where would you like us to invest in? Replenishment of existing stock or moving the Aleph line forward and offer new configurations to take advantage of todays LEDs and drivers?

Thanks,

Wayne

I'd like more standard tailcaps and flared bodies, although only a few of each.

The Aleph 19 is just about perfect with the Cree and would be hard to improve on, I'd be interested in a "mule" head, but having put the Cree in both the McR19 and McR 27XR, yes the 27 is a better beam, but the beam quality to diameter ratio is such that I would not be interested in a McR 27 head for the Cree, others may have a different opinion.

The Aleph 2 is a good head size, and a nice reflector for the Rebel would fit in there. It is also a good fit with the Seoul. Perhaps building on the XR can theme, offering heatsink boards the right thickness to make an LE for the Seoul, Rebel, or whatever new LED comes down the pike would make a run of Aleph 2 heads worthwhile

For me the parts that are most interesting:

Standard Tailcaps
    A1 + 27L Head...The New K2 would fit?
    A3 K2 LE?

If those wont work with The New leds i dont see a point in making a second run since you need to be an experienced modder to take advantage of them.

Flared bodies 1x123 and 2x123 (Maybe with McGizmo Ti Clips)Atleast threaded for them.Dunno if the Clip will work on the 1x123)

I say bring on the new stuff and do a rerun of the Standard Tailcaps and some of the popular tubes.
    Some New addition Aleph heads are welcome aswell

Benny

I was under impression that McR20-S can be used in Aleph 2 head,
    just like in PD light.
    I would be also interested in head using McR-27XR.
    The beauty of Aleph series is that parts can be easily replaced or interchanged, and new parts, heads, est. be used in old flashlights.
    I am interested in future development of new parts for Aleph.

Banned

Fair enough too many risks involving in a new Aleph run however I would like to see the 27lt head with 1/2 cell body and mtct in titanium please.

My personal favorite is the A1 head, but I've bought them whenever they came up for sale and would only order 1 or 2 more.

Of the existing parts, I like Benny's idea of flared 2 cell tubes with tapped clip holes, offered along with mating clips. Again, I have some or made some of them so I'd only take a couple.

A single cell flared tube with a bezel down clip would be awesome as well. This would be a new part and I'd like 3 or 4. Not sure if it would work though, the clip would have to be pretty short. I've bolted clips to the tail for single cell lights and that may be an option, especially if a clicky is used.

The standard Aleph tail is the classic, and will probably sell well if restocked. I'd like a couple more if they become available. How about a couple tapped holes in the shroud of the tail that can accept a clip?

I would advance the line with new offerings that have widespread applications. A 27L head would work with most emmiters so that makes sense. I'd like 2-3 of those, and a couple of mule heads if those are offered.

Even cosmetic changes would generate sales from members who have functionally identical parts (as long as they were improvements).

I'd like to see an A1 or similar head in HA natural tailored to the McR-27XR reflector and the XR-Can.

Flashaholic

I also want McR27L-compatible head kits. Heck, I wanted to have an McR27L/1x123/1000mA-light so badly that I modded my Maxlite to accept that reflector and battery!
    While this is a killer combination for a pocket rocket, it still is something of a work-around and the head&light engine combination only works on 17500 tubes (bored out Maxlite body) or with a spacer, and I'd much prefer a "regular" head that can be used on different tubes.

In fact I just can't see how any self-respecting flashaholic could not want an McR27L Aleph head.
    Last edited by dcjs; 10-17-2007 at 10:33 AM.
    regards,
    David

I would like some bare aluminum Aleph parts. I see an A19 head is there, need the rest of it. I just got an Al A2 put together and I like it.

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**

Quote Originally Posted by LED Zeppelin View Post
    Of the existing parts, I like Benny's idea of flared 2 cell tubes with tapped clip holes, offered along with mating clips.
    +1

A single cell flared tube with a bezel down clip would be awesome as well. This would be a new part and I'd like 3 or 4. Not sure if it would work though, the clip would have to be pretty short.
    +1

A 27L head would work with most emitters so that makes sense.
    +1

Hey, that was easy!

john

dat2zip and McG, i think what you have said makes a lot of sense.

other folks on here have made aleph / e-series compatible BODIES...there is quite a variety available.

i love the a19 HEAD format, but it would be nice to have some options.
    nobody else is making heads (and reflectors and cans).

so my wish list would be the new driver(s) and some new aleph heads and internals.
    a REBEL option for the a19 would be most excellent.
    and the mule head is an absolute winner.

there are others available, but i like the aleph TAILCAPS best. so some new tailcaps would be great too, or at least re-run the classic tailcap in HA NAT

and would it be asking too much to have a driver that goes beyond 1000mA?
    i need an a19 that will make those multi-emitter lights whimper.
    liQht

Styling of the PR-T head in smaller and larger dimensions.

27mm heads are small enough to carry comfortably and still pack a Punch.

I would like to see some monster thrower heads as well, Just like the A3.
    I miss my Milkmods.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by skalomax View Post
    Styling of the PR-T head in smaller and larger dimensions.

27mm heads are small enough to carry comfortably and still pack a Punch.

I would like to see some monster thrower heads as well, Just like the A3.

Did someone say PR-T style McR27L head? That's just what I've had in mind for quite a while, people seem to like the PR-T design, and with the longer reflector it would make a lot of sense, since this design sort of extends the grip lenght on single cell tubes.
    The rendering below shows a head which is styled to match the millings on the McTC, just a design experiment.

This could also possibly host three or even four McR-10R reflectors...
    regards,
    David

dcjs, that looks great.

Now...we need to make it come true.
    I miss my Milkmods.

What would excite me the most is to have a multiple-led Aleph L.E.

Perhaps a tri-rebel Aleph L.E that can fit in an Aleph1 or Aleph27L head
    for example.

Don has already shown this can be done in his prototypes.

For me this would add a new dimension to the Aleph system and I am sure
    that this would be a winner demand-wise as well.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine