• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Express you interest in parts for Aleph lights.

Russki

Enlightened
Is the Aleph 2 head will ever be available in shop?
I bet there is a lot of interest for it.

Last edited:

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Aleph 2 head?

And Standard Tailcaps,i prefer those over the McClicky Shell.

:twothumbs

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Aleph series lights are wonderful with the easy changeable heads, light engines, battery tubes, tailcaps and switch options. It would be great to see the Aleph series revisited with basically just artwork type cosmetic changes in design to the various pieces for a cool new look that could be mixed and matched with all the Aleph heads, tubes, tailcaps..... we have now. :naughty: That would be Aleph E-Series Lego NIRVANA! :twothumbs McGizmo keeps busy moving ahead with all his new offerings for us which I love too but it is a real shame he has to take time out to sleep and can`t keep up with all our requests. :thumbsdow

Hmmm :thinking:...... Maybe we should pitch in to have Don cloned, eh? :eek:oo: Well? :anyone:

Hehe! :D

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good idea Kenster :whistle:

Another option would be asking Don/ prying the CNC programs and or drawings out of his hands and have the shoppe Do a Run of the parts.
:nana:
Id really like to see a McR27L head for the Aleph series aswell.
The options are endless...

Then again we do have the TnC series of lights which is semi compatible and will be more compatible as soon as we get the TnC to E Series heads adapters.

but the Aleph series is nicer imho...

:aaa:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good idea Kenster :whistle:

Another option would be asking Don/ prying the CNC programs and or drawings out of his hands and have the shoppe Do a Run of the parts.
Id really like to see a McR27L head for the Aleph series aswell.
The options are endless...

Then again we do have the TnC series of lights which is semi compatible and will be more compatible as soon as we get the TnC to E Series heads adapters.

but the Aleph series is nicer imho...

Great ideas youself MorpheusT1 but lets go down the list. :whistle:

If the big IF? had an OK? You offering to do all the planning, organizing, distributing and maybe even having to pony up the funds for your idea? :nana:

Aleph Mcr27L :twothumbs

Semi compatible and adapters??? Yes, but.......
* Not everything Aleph will work?
* More parts for a light means more expense?
* Adapter usually means a longer light?

And finally, nice save at the end IMHO :D

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the big IF? had an OK? You offering to do all the planning, organizing, distributing and maybe even having to pony up the funds for your idea?

Nice Try :D

Well actually if i had the brains to design and the time to do this,it could have worked.. IF the Don would approve.. but im sure someone would step up to the plate.
Fenix-Store is a reliable and great place with a wide customer base,So is the shoppe but they are always busy.

Lots of If`s and possibilities down this lane,but since this havent been discussed with the Don and the Shoppe im afraid ive said to much already

cqbdude

Enlightened

Is the Aleph 2 head will ever be available in shop?
I bet there is a lot of interest for it.

You can always buy the A2 head I have for sale in the cove..:whistle:

Ok...well you have to buy the complete light to get the head...:wave:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Benny, the big IF? idea was yours not mine so..... :nana: But yes, that one has too many If`s beyond us simple flashaDudes. :green: That clone deal sounds simple enough to me. :D

Always great to see your posts and give you a.... :rolleyes: or :p Hehe! :duck:

Take care! :)
Ken

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

:thinking:

what can i say,im drunk on lights...

ppsent.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Shoppe has access to all the drawings for all the Aleph parts if more were to be made.

But, I think and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the following statements can be made:

1) I don't believe there is enough demand to warrent a run of 200-300 which would be required to get the part unit price down low enough to make it economical for end use sale.

2) While there is definitely demand here in this thread for a few heads what is the actual demand beyond the few that are speaking up here?

3) The return on investment to order large quantities has taken years and for the most part there was only one run of most of the components and we are now just running out on some stuff from the original introduction and in other cases have inventory that may never see the light of day.

4) While the Aleph line appears dead it's not. It's only in a subtle sleep or lull moment. The Aleph Mule is forthcoming very soon along with new microprocessor drivers that new light engines can be created.

Executive Summary!!!!
Yeah, I know... Executive summary should be the first paragraph. :poke:

IMHO don't sell your Alephs that are collecting dust or sitting in the corner getting little if no use at all. The new Light Engines will upgrade your existing lights to current technology with a McClicky switch and provide you three levels of regulated light. I think this will be the most awesome enhancement and correct the one sore point for the Aleph line and that was the semi-regulated low was not very efficient. Now with the possibility of three fully regulated CC levels and the possibility of getting/creating LE for Seoul/Luxeon/CreeXRE brings the Aleph line to current LED technology and three useful levels.

As an example the Aleph A19 was an awesome offering. Kinda a monster with the single super bright level. Some added the McE2S and got a semi-regulated low, but, now... The GDuP LE will make an A19 shine. A low/med/high will actually make this useful for walking in woods on either low or med and burst mode high for the occasional use and of course being a GD driver will allow primary or rechargeable in the same power pack.

Of course the microprocessor light engines brings back to life the Aleph series so we are actually counting inventory and will be determining what parts will be re-ordered or spun into new derivatives.

Stay tuned. Keep an eye on the GDuP thread and lastly.... Stop drooling over your keyboard. :D

I'm peddling as fast as I can. The damn tricycle wheels are smokin...

Wayne

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

What can i say....

:paypal:

Just one more thing...Dont underestimate the power of Flashaholism.
If more Alephs were to be available they would sell eventually..
Its becoming a pita to find parts and lights in the combinations i want,especially refering to A1,A3 and standard McE2S shells.
Ha Crenulated bezels would sell,a McR27L head :D , Maybe a Tri-Led A1,A3 Kit

Possibilites are endless...

But as you say,were not the ones having to gamble on actually selling and making the commitment to stock the parts.

You are,so i understand the hessitation and risk you may be taking.

Benny

greenLED

Flashaholic

Executive Summary!!!!
Yeah, I know... Executive summary should be the first paragraph. :poke:

IMHO don't sell your Alephs that are collecting dust or sitting in the corner getting little if no use at all. The new Light Engines will upgrade your existing lights to current technology with a McClicky switch and provide you three levels of regulated light. I think this will be the most awesome enhancement and correct the one sore point for the Aleph line and that was the semi-regulated low was not very efficient. Now with the possibility of three fully regulated CC levels and the possibility of getting/creating LE for Seoul/Luxeon/CreeXRE brings the Aleph line to current LED technology and three useful levels.

Oh, man!! :popcorn:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stay tuned. Keep an eye on the GDuP thread and lastly.... Stop drooling over your keyboard. :D

Now, how could one help do anything but :drool:when you mention the upcoming GDuP driver as an Aleph Light Sweetner? :twothumbs Oh, I just hope you were peddling that tricycle while you typed that post? :poke:

Hmmm.... :sweat: Bad Kenster! :twak:

Ken :D :poof:

Last edited:

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

Question:

Does the A2 head make sense?

The configurations that we plan on offering between now and the end of the year will be:

1X123 A19 with GDuP
New Aleph En Plated Mule with new clicky power pack.

We are now nearly exhausted of the 1.5X power pack and 2X power pack.

Both of these lights will be the 1" diameter head style.

I would be willing to consider ordering more heads if there was some way either via a sign up thread, poll or a means to ensure that parts ordered would actually be sold.

But, consider also that say the A1 head is made. Do we have reflectors for the A1? What about the bezel ring? Orings? Lens? What about the ESCan and ESscrew? LE LED PCB?

If all the associated parts had to be ordered as well as the head that increases the exposed risk of capital investment that needs to be forked out.

It's too bad this is not something that we could just re-order on demand and get 10 more or 20 more at any given time. If that was the case I would have no trouble re-stocking all the components and parts.

For any one head and off the cuff estimate would be a cost to replenish one part (say the A1 head) of approximately $4,000-$9,000 and more if the A1 head was re-designed for cosmetic, flutes or even going bezel-less and using an lens oring retainer method. Say it's $4k and the head alone sold for $50.00. The ROI for this would be if we sold 80 heads at this price. If we sold them for less the ROI would be more and if sold for a higher price the break even would be lower.

A redo would probably be ordering less quantities than before and that would mean the unit price would go up for two reasons. 1) cost of inflation over the last 4 years. 2) Lower quantity orders will mean the per piece price from the machine shop will be more.

Wayne

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn`t think any of this would be seriously entertained as a "What if?" but :whistle:

To me, a lot of what makes the Aleph series so cool is all the E-Series compatability with other parts and mostly the heads with the LE that is so easy to swap around as well as change an already built older LE from Luxeon to these new Cree`s and SSC P4`s. If a new rockin Luxeon shows up, it can be changed back but that does leave a possible reflector problem? Another days problem.... Maybe? :shrug: Could be wrong but I believe there are a boat load more Aleph LE`s floating around than there are Aleph heads? Could be wrong again but I believe a cosmetic change only for a cool new look to the A2 head would spark many folks interest and is just my "Know Nuttin Bout Nuttin" IMHO worthless 2 cents. :eek: E-Series galore for battery tubes, tailcaps and bezels to fit an A2 head. Anyway......... I`ll shut my pie hole now. :green: That reminds me I have Key Lime Pie in the fridge. :eek:oo: Must be time for din-din. :D

Ken :wave:

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I just took an Aleph 2 head off a 1x123 pak with FT two speed switch to host an Aleph Mule Head that is fresh and raw from the machine shop. I built the XR LE using a NG280 driver. I am real happy with how this new mule turned out; that is to say the simple design actually worked as hoped. :eek:

RawAlHead.jpg

For some reference, here it is next to a PD-Mule:

AlephMule-PDMule.jpg

The head is kind of stout and blocky but heck, it is a mule after all....

Latest posts