HID flashlight recommendation?

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about getting a 24 watt Boxer. I'll be using it mostly for nightime boating. I'm willing to spend up to $400 at most. Whats a good light in this range with a good balance of flood and throw? Should I stick with the Boxer?

Thanks!

96TL

Newly Enlightened
Also, I would like something thats at least water resistant. Thanks!

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about getting a 24 watt Boxer. I'll be using it mostly for nightime boating. I'm willing to spend up to $400 at most. Whats a good light in this range with a good balance of flood and throw? Should I stick with the Boxer?

Thanks!
I've owned a few boats in my time and would always leave for the fishing grounds before the sun came up, so I know how important a good light is! Have you considered a Xenide 25W? It has more throw with the smooth reflector and more flood with the diffuser lens. The Xenide is a little larger but has twice the runtime. The advantage to the Boxer is the adjustable beam and compact size.
If space is not an issue I would go with the Xenide.

Here is a picture for size reference
HID%20all%20in%20one-L.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.K

Enlightened
I just bought a "generic" PL24 like the one listed above for $179 shipped off of ebay, do a search for "hid flashlight" and you will see it. I am very pleased with this flashlight and well below the $400 mark. I was skeptical at first, and usually don't do plugs, but was completely relieved when I illuminated the house at the end of my street. Whatever you pick I am sure you will be in awe of the HID as was I.

Good luck,

mdhammack

Newly Enlightened
I have an AE Powerlight 24W HID....it is pretty impressive. It is water resistant as you said you wanted, 12/120 volt charger capability. The battery can be charged in the light, or out with the supplied charger base. Got mine for 389.00 a while back, came with a little led freebie light too! If you don't know, the AE is a Prolumens light with a different name on it.