AW Lithium Ion C protected charging

beetleguise

Enlightened
What is the best charger out there for these (balancing, discharge cycles, multiple types and programs, price, etc.) I want a reliable charger that is good for all types,( I only have a cheapo lipo charger and a universal NIMH smart charger). I know, this has probably already been debated, but maybe there is new info out there. Thanks from an unenlightened charger!:duh2:

beetleguise

Enlightened
Thanks for the info, I went out and bid on a triton, but now I am hoping to be outbid. I need to do some more reading. :shakehead

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a great setup for charging any type of cylindrical cells!

Thanks for the info, now I wish I could find some of those Voltcraft Cradles sold by Conrad here in the states, or there was enough interest in a Group Buy from the UK.

I'll have to contact Tronic and see if he is still interested in shipping a few if all other resources fail.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Thanks for the info, now I wish I could find some of those Voltcraft Cradles sold by Conrad here in the states, or there was enough interest in a Group Buy from the UK.

I'll have to contact Tronic and see if he is still interested in shipping a few if all other resources fail.

We already verified that they will not sell them in USA/Canada because of all the damn lawyers and lawsuit risks.

Some of us have a couple extra if Tronic is not around.

Nebula

Enlightened

AC800 - What Lux says. Well all but that part about the "damn lawyers." :nana::wave:.:ohgeez:. Seriously, Lux has more time in this project than anyone on CPF. Take his advice. My advice, if Lux offers to help take him up on the offer. You will not regret it.

BTW - I got my Voltcraft cradles through Tronic. Great guy to deal with and like Lux, very well informed on these matters. Good luck. Kirk

beetleguise

Enlightened
Made my own cradle similar to the voltcraft in that it can handle aaa,aa,c,d,and other sizes including the 18650. I just gutted a ni-cad with a sweet multi-size cradle and rewired it for the tenergy. It looks stock and functions perfect! All this for much cheaper than buying one and having someone ship it from Germany! Thanks for the inspiration in the newby voltcraft modding guide!

Pyzon

Newly Enlightened
beetleguise-

Who's nicad cradle did you improve upon ? I had the same idea, just haven't found the right host.

Thanks !

beetleguise

Enlightened
Sorry for the massive pics, photo bucket is new to me. I will re post at a more reasonable pixel range!

Last edited:

beetleguise

Enlightened
Sorry about the freakishly huge pics, my first time posting them here. I said somewhere in that massive post that I could mod these like in the pics, if anyone is interested.:laughing:

DM51

Flashaholic
Beetleguise, you need to resize those pics to maximum 800 x 600 pixels (I think that is the max size in the rules). One of those is 2952 x 1944 pixels!!! You should resize them in a photo-editing program, then post them again. They are no use like that anyway, as people can't see them properly just one piece at a time and they take AGES to load, taking up a lot of bandwidth.

beetleguise

Enlightened
OK, here it is again, only not gigantic! Does anyone want one of these babies modded?

DSCN2823.jpg

DSCN2822.jpg

DSCN2821.jpg

Works great!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
That looks like a nice job! :thumbsup:

What brand/model is that? I'm sure there will be some who will take you up on modding it for them. We sure could not find one that had the channels setup like that. It might be nice to add a 5th hole for the ground if someone wanted to use cables with the jack holes...like with a Triton/Schultze/Hyperion charger.

beetleguise

Enlightened
Lux-Yeah, my friend Aircraft800 is modding one that will have movable jacks and a ground jack for all the other style chargers. I just saw your tenergy set up and had to make one of my own!

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting close, I just need to shrink wrap all of the balance wires, attach the balance plugs, and plug all of the unused holes ect...

Yea, it was a pain in the A$$.

Adapter.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Is there some reason after we all shared the information about the Voltcraft that you are not saying which make/model/where found this one ? The Voltcraft also involved a bunch of work.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there some reason after we all shared the information about the Voltcraft that you are not saying which make/model/where found this one ? The Voltcraft also involved a bunch of work.

Just didn't have it at the time,

LENMAR 5-in-1 Battery Charger : PRO541

FRYS.COM

Here is the funny part "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Not available for export.[/FONT]"

It is built by the same people that make the Voltcraft! (I'll Bet) Too Funny!

Look Here Also:

http://www.nextag.com/Lenmar-NoMEM-Pro-5-71134486/prices-html

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
AC -Very nice mod.

BTW - That style (design) can be found under a number of brand names. I picked up one at Micro Center (small east coast chain) under the Ultralast brand name. Initially I thought of modding it, but now that I have 3 Voltcraft multi-slot, and three Voltcraft single slot cradles I abandonded the mod plan.

KK