Nyogel non-toxic?

Tubor

Enlightened
Nyogel isn't corrosive or toxic is it? I was just wondering as I've noticed it's UV reactive and have it on my fingers and it seems to be getting around. ;)

Illum

Flashaholic
I use 760G, but I'm pretty sure they are all alike in proprietary value
well according to the MSDS for 760G from Nye :
Emergency overview: May irritate eyes. Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause irritation. Inhalation
mist or vapors from material at high temperatures may irritate respiratory passages.
Route of entry: Skin contact, eye contact, inhalation and ingestion.
Effects of acute exposure
Eye contact: May cause irritation.
Skin contact: May cause irritation on prolonged or repeated contact.
Inhalation: Oil mist and vapors at high temperatures may irritate respiratory passages.
Ingestion: May cause gastro-intestinal irritation.
Effects of chronic exposure: See effects of acute exposure.
Carcinogenic effects: IARC, NTP, and OSHA do not list this product or its ingredients as carcinogens.

Personal experience:
prolonged skin contact yields minimal discomfort, don't intend to try this in the eyes.
no fumes I know of, does not give off vapor at mildly warm temperatures
a good dab of this works better than coconut oil if your looking for a laxative....:crazy:
wash throughly after you lube your lights, since its of moderate viscosity it wont come off completely unless you scrub with soap;)

EDIT: on a side note, Nyogel 760G is considered a "copper deactivator and UV tracer" for some reason.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about everything is annoying these days. I was doing some browsing once looking for info on dishwashing liquid. Some were supposed to scratch CDs or some such thing because of little beads they put in them. Whatever, never found a good answer about all that, but apparently the maker of some soap I was using said you had to cap the bottle or the fumes were BAD for you. Got a kick out of that. It was on the website, but not the label.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
you wash your CDs in the dishwasher?:candle:

I wouldn't even wash my rock collection in the dishwasher, let alone my dishes.....but CDs?

Illum

Flashaholic
LOL. Rock collection? What bands? Or do you mean real rocks?

heh
various rocks collected from places....everywhere from the washed up "sponge" rocks near our coastline to the minerals found in Shenandoah, NC to the various shapes and sizes found in freshwater rivers from New Brunswick, Canada...yeah, the security was looking at me in a very odd way since I had close to 10 pounds of rocks in my luggage:nana:

Nah, it's dishwashing liquid. Remember when your mother used to wash dishes at the sink ?

:whistle:

mom never stopped...neither did I