Cheap LSD cells in Australia! (Uniross Hybrio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power Me Up

Enlightened
This might be of interest to some fellow Aussie CPFers:

I went in to Harvey Norman at Mt Gravatt today for a browse and found that they had the Uniross Hybrios on special:

Pack of 4 AA: $13
Pack of 4 AAA: $15

Yes - the price for the smaller AAA cells is higher than for the AA cells...

After I'd bought a few packs, I'd guess that there were probably in the order of about 15 packs of AAAs and about 30 packs of AA cells left on the shelf.

Although still not as good as the price for some LSD cells in the USA, it's still a heap better than $25 for a pack of 4 Eneloops at DSE...

BrianChan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip! For LSD cells Varta has their own version in Officeworks and Woolworths. The ones in Woolworths/Safeway are 2 cells bundled with a new, non-IC3 15 minute charger which can charge any NiMH cells in 15 min. (depending on capacity) similar to the Energizer 15 minute charger. It doesn't come with a separate power brick like the energizer and it works worldwide. It can only charge 2 cells though. I'm waiting for a 4-cell version to appear....Sorry for being a little off-topic.

Last edited:

Power Me Up

Enlightened
For LSD cells Varta has their own version in Officeworks and Woolworths. The ones in Woolworths/Safeway are 2 cells bundled with a new, non-IC3 15 minute charger which can charge any NiMH cells in 15 min. (depending on capacity) similar to the Energizer 15 minute charger. It doesn't come with a separate power brick like the energizer and it works worldwide. It can only charge 2 cells though. I'm waiting for a 4-cell version to appear....Sorry for being a little off-topic.

That's alright. I just spotted the Varta Ready2Use in the Woolworths at the Hyperdome today. They had the 15 minute charge that you've described for $39.95 (from memory) as well as 4 packs of AA and AAA cells - the 4 packs were $19.95 each for both sizes...

It's good to see more of the LSD cells becoming available in more places in Australia!

Power Me Up

Enlightened
It looks like Coles is also getting in on the act with the Varta Ready2Use cells - the Waterford Coles now has packs of 4 AA Ready2Use cells for $19.95, but no sign of Ready2Use AAA cells. They also had an interesting charger pack which included 2x AA Ready2Use cells for $29.95. The charger came with a worldwide AC adapter as well as a car cigarette lighter adapter and a USB charger cable. Charging time depends on the number of cells, with the quickest being 2 hours for 2x AA cells. Although it had 4 slots, it looks like it's only a 2 channel charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.