Storacell

Thread: The Mutaytor's biomechanical LED technology

Hybrid View

Default The Mutaytor\'s biomechanical LED technology

Since I have neither constructor or beamshots I do not feel worthy of posting this in the homemade and modified forum. Still I'm quite proud of my work on the show we did Friday so I wanted to share.

Fire is normally a big part of our show. I can't really safely use fire and I've been trying to push LEDs mainstream and I really got my chance. Even before the Great White fire pretty much killed fire and pyrotechnics inside clubs we were told we would not be able to use fire since a fire marshal would be required for the duration of the show. So when you get served some lemons it's time to make LEDonade.

My work was to create female Mutechs using my biomech LED technology. 2 suitable donors were obtained who not only volunteered willingly but added some whole new design aspects to the project. These first pics are Sylvie.

LED gear consists of LED antenna with dangling LEDs, LED choker, and LED fingers. On my gear there are also bra blasters and 1w ls/o on my palms which you can just see at the lower right. The skirt and bra and everything is skinned with custom latex fluorescent monster skin.

Hargo with his spinning LED Jaal, me, and Sylvie.

Another shot of Sylvie and me.

A couple of group shots from the end. So far I haven't got a good picture with all four of us that gives the LEDs justice. Tutech (my clone) is on the left and KJ (Sylvie's clone) is on the lower right in one and in the middle of the other.

The complete photo series is here.

I feel very priveleged to be part of this group. We are somewhere in between Stomp, Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil visually. Musically is hard to say it is very approachable by anyone and the best description I've heard is tribal techno. Our web page is here. Excuse the mess the site is being redone by professionals and I'm just doing maintenance and minor changes on something I inherited and my web skills are still very basic.

If any of you modders would be interested in doing stuff way outside the box please contact me as I'm very interested (as are our performers) in pushing the envelope even further. And I really have to say that since coming here I've been quite humbled at what I thought I knew about LEDs and quite amazed at what some of you are doing with it. I only wish that I had the skills and vision to be able to do some of what I see coming out of this group.

We will be playing at Coachella this April with Blue Man Group and the Red Hot Chili Peppers and it's also going to be my birthday. How cool is that? I am so lucky to be part of this band.

Anyway I hope you get an idea of my passion for LED technology and some new areas where I would like to take it.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Mutaytor\'s biomechanical LED technology

you don't see LED bras every day [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif[/img] Did you do the led set up? if so good job!looks complex.

Flashaholic

Paypal sent.

Talk about "out of the box" good job guys err... girls er... Well Great job people!!!!

Josh,

If I get my way LED bras will be seen everyday. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I did all the LED work myself but it's really low tech just series/parallel strings direct drive off 9v. Being on this board has finally convinced me to start using some resistors to regulate the current and get longer battery life.

Darkaway,

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But really you are close enough that you should come and see us.

Bushman,

Tutech and I are guys. But KJ and Sylvie are girls, trust me on this. And let me fill you in on a secret. We get way more attention from the girls when we're dressed up. As guys we might as well be invisible. Dressed up they come to us.

Last Monday night was very surreal. Sylvie and KJ were over at my lab to figure out their skirts. "These are sitting up way too high. We need to do something about this. Do you have some scissors? By the way how do you sew the latex on?" So I handed her some tin snips. "Sew? Well you can if you really want. I use hot glue and weatherstrip adhesive."

"Cool, that's way easier than sewing. I like that."

After 20 years of making monsters, aliens, and mutated armor that just doesn't cut it anymore. Doing girls stuff is where it's at. And (as you can see) it's some hot stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
    Mutiny Sfears said:
    Josh,

But KJ and Sylvie are girls, trust me on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh!...whew...