Recomendations for best mini-tool w/pliers

Tubor

Enlightened
I need a mini-tool with screwdrivers (flat, Phillips) and pliers. Scissors, a small knife and a bottle/can opener would be a bonus and it's got to be under 2.5" in size so I can edc it without too much hassle (a Leatherman juice is too big). So far I've looked at the Leatherman squirt p4 and the Serbertech m4. These both look OK but I need the end of the pliers to be serrated - not smooth - and can't see from the pictures if they are or not. Has anyone got any other recommendations or do you know about the pliers on the P4 or M4? Thanks.

NeitherExtreme

Newly Enlightened
I think the general concensus is that the P4 is the best of the tiny pliars. The gerber Clutch and SOG crossgrip are both possibilities though... I don't think you'll find anything smaller than a juice with scissors and pliers. If what you really want is a tiny set of full-size pliars, you might be able to dig up a Leatherman Mini-Tool somewhere. It not got a great tool selection, but the best ~2.5 inch pliars ever made!
http://www.botachtactical.com/leatmintool.html

Tubor

Enlightened
Thanks, looks pretty good! That'll definitely be a contender. I was thinking about the P4 but have heard some stories of plier breaks while doing some pretty basic stuff with them - I would want them to last as long as possible and don't want to have to send them back for under warranty.

Tubor

Enlightened
Thanks for the info. :)

EDIT: Went for the Swiss Tool Spirit as I have yet to try lockable tools and it has no lockable spear tipped blade (don't need it anyway), the Leatherman Squirt E4 (didn't get the P4 so I'm not tempted to do anything too drastic with the pliers, and break them) and tried to get the Leatherman Mini-tool on the above link but they've run out of stock.

Any one know where I can get the Mini-tool at a reasonable price?

Last edited: