Did I make a mistake Brinkmann LX vs PT Surge

rlhess

Enlightened
I was looking for a small light to fit in my briefcase (along with lots of other stuff) that I carry that was almost as bright as a 6D Mag light (but not as big).

I just ordered a Brinkmann LX but now I'm thinking I should have gotten a PT Surge.

My pocket light is an Inova X5 and my shoulder pack has a Lambda Illuminator in it, so that's covered. I wanted something a LOT brighter than the Illuminator, but compact.

I cannot justify a SF anything.

Cheers,

Richard

mc

Newly Enlightened
My opinion, is that the PT Surge is heavy for your briefcase, you did fine...

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I am more than happy with my small sleek legend lx......you'll love it
smile.gif
Just do yourself a favor and buy the batteries online....$6+/each in stores is insane

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I could consider an LX to be small and sleek....well compared to a Surge, I suppose it is.

I respect poster's view on Surefire's but I would take one E2 over five Legend LX's and it is the perfect size for a briefcase. A lot of people change their mind on Surefire's once they see or own one.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have an E2 and several LXs. Love them all. The E2 rides in my pocket at night when i go out, and one of the LX lives on the dresser next to my bed and the other lives in my truck glovebox.

Nothing beats the E2 for carry, but the LXs work just fine for other duties.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own 2 Surge's and 2 LX's.

I really like them both.

When I discovered 123 Lithium's on the internet for reasonable prices, I prefer to use my LX over the Surge.

Smaller, tailcap, and about the same brightness.

The Surge was my first "flashaholic" purchase and I still really like that light.

However, the Surge has a 3-5 hour run time vs the LX's 1 hour - 90 min run time.

2 good lights! Nice to have choices!

rlhess

Enlightened
Thanks all for the opinions--I'll let you know what I think when the LX arrives.

To recap. I have the Inova X5 as an edc pocket light. The E2E appears only a bit brighter than the Lambda Illuminator (30% or so on Craig's site) so while interesting, it's not the gain I was looking for. The Illuminator is within arms reach (as is a minimag at least some of the time).

I was looking for something much brighter than the Illuminator, but still smallish. I think the LX was the best choice--thanks for the general reinformcement.

I'd like an LED light as bright as the LX but that will have to wait, I fear.

Cheers,

Richard

Brock

Flashaholic
Another good reason to go with the LX is it uses the same batteries as the X5. So you can use the batteries in the LX first then pop them in the X5 until they are really dead.