Garmin GPS online dealer recommendation

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Am looking at getting a couple of units of the new Garmin Vista HCx. Just wondering if anyone here has had any good experiences and would help to recommend an online dealer? Preferably one that would accept international orders, but shipping to a US address. And headsup on good deals and reliable dealers much appreciated too.

Also, please do share your experiences with the Vista HCx if you do own one, is the reception really as good as what they advertise it to be? Over here we get lots of tree canopy cover as well as deep valleys sometimes, so am really hoping that the HCx lives up to the hype.

Thanks in advance!!

Stan.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheapest place I found for Garmin GPS's is www.thenerds.net I ordered one from them a month or so ago with not problems. They where $75 cheaper than Ebay and the unit shipped the same day I ordered.

Mac

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
They may not be the cheapest, but Newegg always gets my vote. Their customer service is worth the extra few dollars to me. Its where I got my Garmin 2720 and Garmin 60CSx, plus A LOT of other crap... :D

-C

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had very good dealings with tvnav.com. They have a well-deserved good reputation among GPS users.

c_c

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info, guys. :thumbsup:

Can you tell me if the Garmin Etrex Vista HCx runs well
on rechargeable NiMH cells ?

Wanna' standardize on Sanyo Eneloops, if possible.

Thank you.

_

Latest posts