vector power on board 35w. hid spotlight

JAYBIRD1

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if this is a good light. I was comparing it to the Harbor Freight old style, the larger one. Not sure which to get. Any thoughts from the Pro's Thanks

ez78

Enlightened
Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a good buy. They all use the 6000K bulb though so bleh I'll wait until a 4200K version comes out.

Submatix

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what company manufactures these spotlights?
I know they are made in China.

Can anyone help me here please?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
jaybird...I just got my light
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VECTOR-HID-...ryZ16037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
From Danmann200 on e-bay..he has 5 left. Order one as fast as you can...THIS IS AN AWESOME LIGHT!!!! I just got back from spotting deer. What a beam!! Easily shines 1000 feet to 1500 feet. I can't see things much farther than that! I can't compare it to other, more expensive lights. This light is solid, well built. Heavy, but not too much. (9 pounds)

I had it on over 40 minutes...it was just as bright when I was done as when it started. It was not hot...barely warm.

Good luck! and Submax...why do care who makes this light! Just buy one now!

Niteowl

Enlightened
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what company manufactures these spotlights?
I know they are made in China.

Can anyone help me here please?

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Welcome to CPF Submatix.

My manual shows Vector Products, Inc. produced these lights. The manual is dated Oct. '06. Calling the toll-free number in the manual connects you with Black & Decker, which apparently bought out Vector in the last year or so.

The below is from their website.

Automotive Battery Chargers,
Jumpstarters, Power Inverters
&Spotlights
Phone:
Black & Decker
Automotive & Electronics Division
(Vector products, Inc. d/b/a Vector Manufacturing, Ltd.)
8100*S.W. 10th St, Suite 3000
Plantation, FL 33324

A search turned up nothing spotlight related even though I recently purchased a Black & Decker spotlight model #SL 1028.

Submatix

Newly Enlightened
Hi Lighthouse One,

Thanks but I am in South Africa and I would like to distribute these in this region so I would like to find the actual manufacturer for specific requirements such as 220AC v chargers.

So if someone can find out who manufactures these I would be very pleased!

Thanks

:wave:

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
jaybird

If you did not get it yet, GET it, although there is alot of debate and comparason and such, its a very good bang for the buck, got mine for under $60 on the bay and it definetly exceeded my expectations. Turning on an HID never gets old

naicidrac

Newly Enlightened
It is an awesome light. I paid $50.00 for mine on ebay. I was so impressed that I bought another one. Great lights! They are heavy and big, but for a superbright light at $50.00 you cannont beat it. Power on board > Vector> all made by black and decker. I also know that the amondotech has an HID light that looks exactly like this. I also know that the amondotech N30 uses the same lookind battery indicator. Who knows, they are all made by wingshing (fictional name I just made up) in China and stamped with different stickers.

Good light, get it!!

Last edited:

Kremer

Enlightened
I was over at my brothers house Saturday night, he has an acre of grass in his rear yard, then woods after that. They thought they saw something out by the treeline, so I run out to the car and grab the POB HID. By this time my brother is almost out to the treeline (maybe 120 yards). I fire up the light from their 2nd floor balcony, several ooohs and ahhhs eminate and my brother turns around in the yard and does the whole 'caught in the LAPD night sun' eye squinting and arm covering routine. It turns out the perp was just lights from the back facing neighbors house way out there as seen through some swaying tree branches.

My brother has a pistol grip coleman spotlight with a 100W 12V H3 in it, it's nearly as bright (maybe 3/4) as the POB, but only lasts about 5 minutes before the little 12V 2.6ah battery poops out. He might be upgrading ;)

They wanted to know what else I had in the trunk so I brought in the 6D ROP-Hi. He loved it "you can find 'em, blind 'em, and beat 'em all with one implement". That's a pretty good summary of a 6D ROP.

~Dougk

husky20

Banned
Just got mine today from UPS.Charging it so later tonight i will go test it on the mountains behind my condos.Turned it on right out of the box inside and boy is this thing bright. I shined it at my entertainment center and it hit the glass where the stereo is and i accidentally looked right at the reflection and was temporarily blinded man this thing is brutal:eek::twothumbs

Kremer

Enlightened
Just got mine today from UPS.Charging it so later tonight i will go test it on the mountains behind my condos.Turned it on right out of the box inside and boy is this thing bright. I shined it at my entertainment center and it hit the glass where the stereo is and i accidentally looked right at the reflection and was temporarily blinded man this thing is brutal:eek::twothumbs

You diddn't mention how long you had it on, but it gets brighter and whiter up to about 1 minute or so. Mine emits a high freq whine, not terrible -I have to hold my ear close to the body to hear it, until it switches out of startup. Then it's dead silent and super bright and white.
~Dougk

husky20

Banned
I had it on for about 45 seconds then turned it off.Then i plugged it back in to charge and then i unplugged it to move it changed my mind about moving it.plugged it in again and it said it was fully charged after only about half an hour.I new it couldn't be fully charged already so i turned it on for a few minutes then put it back on the charger. so far its been charging about 5 and a half hours or so and im getting really anxious. hurry up already i dont think i can wait anymore.The red led is still indicating its not fully charged still waiting for the green go ahead led im going to give it another hour or so then its on!:whistle::thinking::sssh::green::green::devil::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

craig333

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine. Way out performs my 240 lightforce. Hmmm, which to mod.

Probedude

Enlightened
I just won 2 units on the Sam's Club auction, $21 ea.
They had a dutch auction of 71 units.

I hope they do some more of these dutch auctions - the final price stays lower than if they sold them singly.

neveo

Newly Enlightened
You can find lots of discussion about the vector/sam's here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/145686

I think it is a very good deal. They can be found for under $60 on ebay.

The Harbor freight is huge when compared to the Vector but throws better. There is size comparison in this thread:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=169431

The Illuminator, the middle one in the picture has the same body as the vector.
Power On Board HID Spotlight en ebay donde ?