Post your home-made lanyard photos! (Part 2)

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Sigman
Is this one going to be a sticky as well? I do hope so. It is a sShame since i was the last post in the old forum, to hell with it i am going to make myself the first pic poster in this thread.

A snake knot, really like this one, think it comes out quite well.

snake.jpg

My new efforts at the knots now are done being endless, not sure if it is obvious to others but I think the endless knots look heaps better, not that the Snake knot easy to make endless.

GlenC now has possession of these ones......

GreenLED wondering if there is a link for the Turks head that you make, not trying to steal your business but just keen to try one.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've been playing around with some nice coloured cord that Keeper sent me, (thanks TJ) still in the learning stages, I need to try some of the fancier knots. I'm finding it fun for not much money, cheaper than buying lights :)
Norm

dsc03259yy9.jpg

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I really need to keep watching Stormdrane's video on using the knitting spool. I have watched that video ~100 time and I just can't get it. Well I'll keep trying.

I started using GIMP when I was a kid doing the box and barrel stitch along with some other easy one but once I started seeing what Stormdrane and greenLed have done with paracord ...its just unbelievable. You guys are great.

Stormdrane...
If you read this, do you have or know of any other links that show more details on using the spool?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Stormdrane...
If you read this, do you have or know of any other links that show more details on using the spool?

If you google 'knitting spool', you'll get plenty of hits to look thru that may help you get an idea of what's being done with working the cord on the spools.

Here's a two-tone lanyard/wrist strap made with 2mm cord on a 4-peg knitting spool.

CIMG4193.jpg

CIMG4194.jpg

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Here are some cobra varieties that I have been playing around with. The green cobra is done from some scrap paracord from another piece that i made. The blue and black cobra and the pink and black king cobra are the first i have done with the clips. I am trying to find somewhere to buy some of the clips but am struggling at the moment

cobras.jpg

I was looking through a bookshop sale the other day and came up with this book for $16, hard to turn away so i grabbed it. Nice book with good instructions.

knotbook.jpg

knotbookpage.jpg

Stormdrane

Enlightened
I used some 2mm cord and Turk's Head knots to make a grip on this old 2AA Maglite. That's one continuous cord used for the grip, total of just over 11 feet was used with the 3 lead 4 bight Turk's Heads and the several wraps in between them. There's a tutorial for the knot on an IGKT brochure.

CIMG4675.jpg

KeeperSD

Enlightened
good to see you back and posting again Stormdrane, been a little while. Your posts always seem to get me interested again. :D

CouchTater

Newly Enlightened
Stormdrane, that Mini-Maglite work is perfect! I've been looking around for a nonslip grip treatment for my dog walking light, and that looks ideal.

Did you put any tape or goop on the barrel to add friction between the barrel and the cord? And did you do anything to tension or tighten the cord?

Thanks

Stormdrane

Enlightened
Did you put any tape or goop on the barrel to add friction between the barrel and the cord? And did you do anything to tension or tighten the cord?

I just wrapped it directly onto the flashlight barrel and hand tightened it with a stylus to tension the knots. It has stayed in place and doesn't slide around. It can probably be moved with enough force, but I think the light knurling on the Maglite helps hold it. Half hitches could also be used instead of just straight wraps between the Turk's Heads. You could put something like grip tape around the flashlight before wrapping for added security if you preferred. :)