The Fenix-Store
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your home-made lanyard photos! (Part 2)

Default Re: Post your home-made lanyard photos! (Part 2)

A couple I made recently..

and one a guy ordered from me

Jason
    Stinger, Stinger LED, Stinger HP, Gerber TX3.0, Fenix L2D RB100 Premium 100.

Here's just two out of the many I have made...

Unenlightened

Thanks for all the posts. Now I can dress up all my Flashlight and Knives and make them more personal

Aloha CPF Lanyard Makers! Nice to know that I am not the only one!!! Here is another bunch of Monkey's Fists but with longer twists.

McG/TB Ti 2AA LunaSol 27, McLuxIII Ti-PD, Nitecore D10, SF RPM U2, G2, AspheriMag3D Q5, Uluapoundr P7, Fenix L2D Q5, LD20, EO1 blue, purple, Hawaiian Punch Monkey Fist Creator

Here's a more 3-dimensional paracord fob, from a modified paracord 'Cross of Lorraine'...

o-ring at the end for finger (added security to prevent loss of light).
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 10-13-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: text added

Last edited by streetmaster; 11-24-2008 at 04:39 PM.

I gave the 'compound double coin knot' a try, with some green paracord.

I LOVE these lanyards. This is one of the most unique ways to differentiate the many different lights I have (especially all the 1AA Fenix's!).

I'm just not talented enough to do this myself...
    Last edited by jeremycollins; 11-21-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremycollins View Post
    I'm just not talented enough to do this myself...
    Sure you are. I didn't think I could make them at first either. At first glance, it looks complicated. After reading a little about it and then trying it I found that it's much easier than you may think. Here's a link to a couple easy tutorials on basic lanyard projects. This is a tutorial page from one of my favorite flashlight stores: paracord lanyard weaving page There's 3 easy tutorials to get you started.

Here's a couple of the easier ones that I've made.

Last edited by streetmaster; 11-21-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Here's one I made last night...

Here's a few variations on a paracord belt key keeper types...

Hey Stormdrane, does my lanyard posted above look familiar? LOL, I used your tutorial to learn how to do it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by streetmaster View Post
    Hey Stormdrane, does my lanyard posted above look familiar? LOL, I used your tutorial to learn how to do it. Thanks!
    It looks great, you did a good job on it!

Paracord flashlight holder. Just a DIY version of a Maglite holder. I made the belt slide section a bit long on this one, but when you make your own, you can make it to the width of the belt it'll go on.

Looking at some of these sweet pics, I've got to get some of those Nite-Ize "S" beaners.

Can anything be done with the larger sizes? I've seen those Nite-Ize products sold in 3-packs of differing sizes at a Dick's Sporting Goods store. Would love to be able to use more than just the smallest one.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Looking at some of these sweet pics, I've got to get some of those Nite-Ize "S" beaners.

Can anything be done with the larger sizes? I've seen those Nite-Ize products sold in 3-packs of differing sizes at a Dick's Sporting Goods store. Would love to be able to use more than just the smallest one.
    The #4 large one(I think they have an even larger one coming out now) is ok for a key chain, but seems a bit large(to me) for use with a flashlight that might be smaller than S-Biner.

I've added turks head knots, with small diameter cord, to the center section of a few...

Now you're just showing off.... Please continue to do so.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

A question please for the lanyard and knot people:

I tied a double constrictor knot around one of my lights. For the 2 ends, i wrapped them around to the other side, and tied them with a square knot. Then those 2 ends, I made a big loop (for my wrist) and closed the loop with a 2-strand Mathew Walkers knot.

My problem is that the square knot keeps coming undone! I'd like it to be tight and stay tight. Again, as these ends are coming off of the double constrictor knot, any recommendations on what knot should be used to tie the ends down tight on the other side?

What about if I want to tie the ends off, but instead of continuing to make the loop, I have a split ring there and the loop coming off of that? Still the same knot, or any other suggestions?

I can post pics if that helps, thanks!

Howdy Hoople!

I think I understand your question, and if I do, then you might want to consider doing a short bit of seizing on the loose ends of the DC knot, then go ahead with the MW on the end of it.

If I misunderstand your problem, please post pics? If nothing else, I'd like to see what a 2 strand MW knot looks like.

Btw. I use a standard constrictor quite often but I'd never seen that double constrictor before. Very cool, I'm definitely going to add it to my "must know" knots. Thanks!

I tied a double constrictor knot around one of my lights. For the 2 ends, i wrapped them around to the other side, and tied them with a square knot. Then those 2 ends, I made a big loop (for my wrist) and closed the loop with a 2-strand Mathew Walkers knot.
    Yes HoopleHead, I'd like to see a photo because I can't quite picture what you've got. Thanks.
    http://devilchasnme.blogspot.com/
    The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

As for my lanyard - This is the one I use most every day

It doesn't look like anything special but I made it to solve a problem. See my blog post -
    http://devilchasnme.blogspot.com/200...wear-most.html

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by devilchasnme; 12-28-2008 at 09:43 AM.

Here's another lanyard I use in the summer when I'm out boppin' around. It's a conversation starter usually when I'm standing in a check-out line. People always want to know what that is hanging out of my back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by devilchasnme View Post
    Here's another lanyard I use in the summer when I'm out boppin' around. It's a conversation starter usually when I'm standing in a check-out line. People always want to know what that is hanging out of my back pocket.
    I misread that as "Check In" line... I lost a very favourite knife that way once, completely missed it when I packed a bag (it had fallen into the water reservoir pouch) and the airport security people confiscated it . Having to explain it all to the three people I was flying with took some doing as well!
    Last edited by Empyfree; 01-27-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: people: three not tree...
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.(Ben Sweetland)

Quote Originally Posted by Empyfree View Post
    I misread that as "Check In" line... I lost a very favourite knife that way once...
    Sorry to hear about what happened to you. Having to explain things to your travel companions must have been a bit of a nightmare.

Just before the start of my weekend, I relieved a co-worker who left his large Gerber Gator folding knife in one of the cupholders of the patrol-vehicle. Knowing him the way I do, I seriously doubt he carries it for use as a weapon.

I smiled, told him not to forget his knife, and then just handed it to him before he left for the start of his weekend. Carrying a useful tool is not something that should require an explanation. (It often does.... But it shouldn't be that way).

I started trying a few knots after reading this post, stormdranes blog and a few other websites. Suffice to say I'm hooked, and have ordered a copy of Ashleys Book of Knots, as well as a good quantity of paracord (I used up my first order far too quickley!)

I've made a few fobs, trying square and round style weaves, and figured out the cobra/king cobra thanks to boondoggle and stormdrane. Finally figured out Turks heads after a lot of swearing and now I'm using them all over, even on things that don't really need a turkshead.. or two...

Here's a couple of pics, I'm away from home at the moment, will post some more on my return.

First a whistle with lanyard that I made for a friend, the white Turks Heads are Glow in the dark cord. I made it to clip onto the chest strap of a rucksack but also with a sliding turks head so you could use it as a wrist strap.

Here's my current EDC, sorry about the rubbish picture, my phone cam is poor... The Turks Heads on the P1D give it loads more grip, and let me hold it cigar style. The lanyard has a sliding Turks Head to close on my wrist. I had the combo underwater (whilst cleaning out a tank) and the knots have shrunk down and tightened up incredibly! The front knot is like iron.

We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.(Ben Sweetland)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdrane View Post
    I gave the 'compound double coin knot' a try, with some green paracord.

This looks really nice, I've been trying to slow down the video tutorial in an effort to master it, but no luck so far. Have you glued the knot at all to hold it's shape? what happens if you pull both ends (like a lanyard often does), does it fold in on itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Empyfree View Post
    This looks really nice, I've been trying to slow down the video tutorial in an effort to master it, but no luck so far. Have you glued the knot at all to hold it's shape? what happens if you pull both ends (like a lanyard often does), does it fold in on itself?
    It does take a bit of repeated pause/play to follow the video, so keep trying and you'll get it.

If you leave slack in the knot, it will lose it's shape if pulled on both ends and have to be readjusted, but if you work as much of the slack out as possible, it will keep it's shape when pulled.

Like using varnish on cotton/hemp rope/cord to preserve knots, clear drying glue/super glue(some brands dry white, others just darken the color of the cord) can be used on paracord for a more permanent fix. I don't have a stockpile of paracord, so I don't often use glue. I can go dig a previous project out of a drawer and take it apart to use for something else when I need more cord.

I'm doing a breakaway-at-the-neck version for now.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/....php?p=2805230

I'm trying gutted paracord over dog tag chain with a McGizmo 25mm clip from Lighthound (Home Depot electrical section for the chain, the 'ceiling light pull chains'). This one is the 3ft chain with ~4in cut off.

is paracord or similar type rope available at lowes or any common stores?I dont really feel like ordering it.
    Fenix: TK10, P2D Q5, LD01, L0P-SE, Nitecore D10, Inova X5, Surefire G2, Mag ROP-LE, Quark AA-Neutral