Thunder vs First Responder vs Tiablo vs HID (Outdoor Beamshots)

gostanova

Newly Enlightened
I didn't know how to change the title to show update on outdoor beam shots on my last thread here:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176623

I finally got to take some shots outdoors, the furthest tree in the middle, which is about 100yds+ away, was the target for the hotspot on all my lights. Camera was set to manual, ISO 200 4 second exposure @ F/4. Here Goes...
Control.jpg

T3.jpg

U2.jpg

A8Q5.jpg

A9.jpg

Tesla.jpg

1stResponder.jpg

Thunder.jpg

Boxer.jpg

PL24.jpg

Looks like the PL24 takes the cake!

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Nice pics, thanks for them

One comment though, it appears that some of the hotspots (particularly the Tesla and below) appear to be directed at lower points in the foreground than the others.

gostanova

Newly Enlightened
Nice pics, thanks for them

One comment though, it appears that some of the hotspots (particularly the Tesla and below) appear to be directed at lower points in the foreground than the others.

Even though it looks that way, the reason for this is that the lower lights, the Tesla in particular put out such a huge amount of flood. I might try to find a better way to keep the lights aimed.

Enlightened
Thanks gostanova!!! This was exactly what I was waiting for. Wallshots do not depict how good a light actually is. I'm really impressed with the Thunder after seeing this post. It's well rounded from the looks of it.
:twothumbs

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a nice selection of lights you have there gostanova! I'd say you are well prepared for whatever may come your way.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for these. I've lately been trying to research the Peak First Responder as much as possible. This is very helpful.

gostanova

Newly Enlightened
I can't say enough good things about the Peak First Responder...except..
they do not currently nor do they plan on offering an option to use a 2x18650 setup. They want the light to be idiot proof and their circuit couldn't handle 4x123s.
The ONLY way this light reaches max brightness is when using rcr123s. and that only gives you 30 minutes!!!! if they had a 2x18650 setup it would probably be the perfect LEO light.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
they do not currently nor do they plan on offering an option to use a 2x18650 setup. They want the light to be idiot proof and their circuit couldn't handle 4x123s.

That may change if/when Peak introduces their 7 LED version I've heard rumors about.

KingGlamis

Banned
Great beam shots, thanks! Question though. It appears as though you had the camera zoomed in on the target area. Did you take any shots without the camera zoomed? I'm sure we'd all like to see those too.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Cool beamshots....I never get tired of beamshots. I'm sure impressed with my AE24 shorty. I've been using it 3 or 4 times per week lately while walking at night time. I really get a kick out if its performance and reliability. Thanks for the shots. :thumbsup:

cat

Enlightened
What is it about these URLs that I don't get the images, just blank spaces. (I looked at the HTML of this page to get them.) And it's the same website that you gave a link to in the other thread - in case the images did not show - and that gave me a 'page not found' / 'page could not be loaded' error.

damn! :mad: I want to see those beamshots more than anything else on the forum now.

PS: Now in IE instead of Firefox - I get the red x's instead of the empty space. :confused:

PPS: I'm now looking at another thread (TIABLO A8. Runtimes, Beamshots up to 250 meters. Updated with A9 details!!!) ..and the images load, just as they usually do in my..3 or 4 weeks of ..spending most of my time on this site. so wtF!

Last edited:

gostanova

Newly Enlightened
What is it about these URLs that I don't get the images, just blank spaces. (I looked at the HTML of this page to get them.) And it's the same website that you gave a link to in the other thread - in case the images did not show - and that gave me a 'page not found' / 'page could not be loaded' error.

damn! :mad: I want to see those beamshots more than anything else on the forum now.

PS: Now in IE instead of Firefox - I get the red x's instead of the empty space. :confused:

PPS: I'm now looking at another thread (TIABLO A8. Runtimes, Beamshots up to 250 meters. Updated with A9 details!!!) ..and the images load, just as they usually do in my..3 or 4 weeks of ..spending most of my time on this site. so wtF!

Hey cat,
If you pm me your email address, I'll be more than happy to email you the jpegs directly, good luck!
Gosta

cat

Enlightened
Thanks, Gosta. PM about to be sent. I can hardly wait. I've reloaded the page several times today but still only the red x's. I tried the URLs on a colleague's computer and it didn't work. A mystery.

Yes, having M6 beamshots with it would be good, but M300 ones would be even better. I want to compare them with DiCEMAN's photos; that should give me an idea. I'm still more into the M300, I think.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Thanks for the pix! I really like the multiple led lights, but seeing these pix makes me realize I want a 24w-35w hid. Thanks again for the pics. The AE 24w still looks pretty good.