Led lights with infinitely variable brightness?

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering which current led lights out there, preferably in the EDC category have a rotating knob that controls the brightness level.

I'm pretty sure the gatlight v3 had/has this type of brightness control and whilest I never liked that light, I love the feature itself and want at least one light in my collection to have it.

Any suggestions?

Gatsby

Enlightened
The only light I can think of that truly has an infinitely variable knob controlled brightness is the Peak First Responder - which is a pretty serious duty light with a whole ton of output on high. Cool light but not inexpensive.

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
The only light I can think of that truly has an infinitely variable knob controlled brightness is the Peak First Responder - which is a pretty serious duty light with a whole ton of output on high. Cool light but not inexpensive.

Wow, that is a very nice light! And I'd never heard of it. A worthy consideration if I can't find anything smaller. Its actually reasonably priced in my opinion ($195). Thanks for the heads up.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Gatlight!

I think the Liteflux LF2-5 lights have around 250 light levels. Not infinity but enough for it to be hard to see the difference between the levels.

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Gatlight!

I think the Liteflux LF2-5 lights have around 250 light levels. Not infinity but enough for it to be hard to see the difference between the levels.

The gatlight I knew about :) Looking for more reasonably priced alternatives...The Peak light mentioned above, for instance, is half the price of the gat and much better all around gatlight. I have read some stuff on the gatlight and people have had problems with the the metal showing signs of wear even after infrequent use. Besides which its too conceptual for my liking - more like bizarre art than a solid, practical edc.

As far as I can tell they do have the feature, but its more for the purpose of selecting a user defined brightness level. That being,there's a fairly complex fenix type interface and once you are in a certain mode you can vary the light level manually. It all seems a little cumbersome for my liking as it's not a readily available feature. Look for the lf2 video on youtube you'll see what I mean. Thanks for the liteflux suggestion though :)

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VB-16 has 32 levels, no dial but 2 buttons(+,-) with a forward clicky to turn on and off. It can be had for $35.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody on one of these forums mentioned some new lights made by Coast that had that feature. I am not sure how much they sold for but if I had a guess it would be around $50.00.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mind pointing me in the direction of which Coasts have this feature? I looked but couldn't find any...

I also can no longer find the thread. I looked on Coast's web page and it was not listed. Maybe someone had made a tailcap for some Coast lights with a rotating variable output control. That is the photo I saw when I read the article a few weeks back.:shrug: I would have sworn it was a new Coast model though!

Mike

Photongun

Newly Enlightened
Aww come on now, don't make a cryptic remark like that and choose to not elaborate further! I can see you are new to this forum so better to stem bad habits at their inception.

That isn't how us CPF'ers operate. We are all here to share our passion for light emitting devices and to help one another selflessly when need be. Try that angle instead... :)

BigD64

Enlightened
I have a good source that says Surefire is working on a cheaper version of the Titan but how much cheaper I don't know.

BigD64