Dollar store LED keychain, pleasantly suprised

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I went to dollarama to get something, and I noticed they have some keychain LED. I always wanted something on my keychain, but didn't feel like spend $15 for it. I picked one up, heck, it's only a dollar, I'll just throw it away if it's crap.

After open the package and tried it out, WOW, this sucker is bright! Per label beam is 20°, and runs for 12 hours.

Here it is:

Here is a pic taken in basement:

Desaturated:

Here's what's inside, can't get any simpler than this now can you. Use two cr2016 3v button cell.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't be suprised if it came from the same factory. All dollarama's stuff are made in China too. That one you linked sure is cheaper, but what am I gona do with 10 of them. :D

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
That one you linked sure is cheaper, but what am I gona do with 10 of them. :D

The ultimate cheapskate's gift, that's what you can do with them - I give these away without thinking twice about it :eek: :D. They're good to give to someone that would have no interest in LEDs or flashlights otherwise and would not buy a keychain flashlight themselves. It beats no light at all.

Marduke

Flashaholic
That one you linked sure is cheaper, but what am I gona do with 10 of them. :D

I've bought 30 of them so far. I've given them away in pairs to friends and family, and they are small enough, bright enough, and white enough that people actually USE them, instead of throwing them in the back of a drawer. The rest I hang/stash everywhere. Office draw, laptop bag, camera bag, car center console, every keychain in the house, the list never ends.