RawNS Glow in Dark O-rings?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob or any one out,

Is there a GID o-ring that anyone has heard of for the RAW NS bezel?
I tried a search of CPF but didn't come up with anything. Also what are the specs of the O-ring and I can try to find it outside of CPF.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non that I am aware of. The Size is 15mm ID & 17mm OD
1mm Section.

iconoclast

Enlightened
I haven't found one the right size yet either, but I have played around a bit with the rings that are easily available. In particular, the turned down reflector in this light has a flat edge on the front which is close in size to the gid ring lighthound lists as "1/2 inch". You can squeeze this in between the reflector and the lens, but unfortunately it's a bit too thick. With my raw-ti, the light only screws together by two rotations before turning on, not enough to even engage the body o-ring seal. I suspect the larger threads on the raw-ns would likely provide even less room with this ring installed.
I'm toying with the idea of slicing one of these rings in half to reduce the thickness, if I can figure out how to do so cleanly. Still keeping an eye out for the proper size o-ring too.
raw-glo.jpg

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Milkyspit did this for his HDS seoul mod - it is probably very doable, though you may destroy a few in the learning process =) I would suggest using a very sharp exacto knife or something.