P3D intermittent operation

Enlightened
Okay so starting last night and this morning, I have had a weird issue with my new P3D. I had a few problems initially that turned out to be due to a slightly loose tailcap. But now I have new problems. Specifically I have had several instances now where I went to turn on the light and nothing happens. I have to play with twisting the head and clicking the switch a few times to get it to come on. I have checked the tailcap this time and confirmed it was tight. The position of the head (all the way tight or slightly loosened to put it into standard modes) doesn't seem to make a difference. The batteries are Engerizer 123s I got with the light and it has only undergone fairly moderate use, mostly low with a few minutes of medium, high, and turbo thrown in for good measure but total runtime is probably not more than a couple of hours in all modes combined, most of it on low and medium.

I emailed Fenix store and Trevor gave me an RMA but tonight it seems to be working normally again (although it somehow seems maybe a touch dimmer but that may also be just my imagination). Before I send off the light, though, I wanted to see if you folks had any other suggestions (especially 4Sevens if he reads this) or if it is maybe just a bum light and I should go ahead and swap it out (It's gonna be hard going back to that little Dorcy while it's gone though). I also really like the tint of my current light and would be crushed if I got one with a worse tint.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried cleaning the contacts? Some here would recommend progold and deoxit (available at the fenix store by the way) but in a pinch you could try using a pencil eraser or some isopropyl alcohol on a Q-tip on the positive and neagtive contacts (as well as the batteries' contacts). I know it sound obvious but also try a bunch of different batteries if you haven't already.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure the switch retainer ring inside the tailcap is tight(use needle-nose pliers in the 2 dimples)