• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aluminum Titanium Nitride Draco

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost pulled the trigger and purchased one of these from the Shoppe tonight but I had some questions that caused me to pause.
  1. Is this light made from titanium and treated with the AlTiN coating or is it aluminum?
  2. Does this light ship with the battery and charger required (I believe it is a 10280)?
  3. Does this light ship with the extender so that 10440's can be used?
  4. If the light does not ship with the extender for 10440's, where can the extender be purchased at, and how much does it cost?
I don't need too much encouragement to buy lights like this... unfortunately:sick2:

Thank you for the help.

Groundhog66

Banned
I almost pulled the trigger and purchased one of these from the Shoppe tonight but I had some questions that caused me to pause.
  1. Is this light made from titanium and treated with the AlTiN coating or is it aluminum?
  2. Does this light ship with the battery and charger required (I believe it is a 10280)?
  3. Does this light ship with the extender so that 10440's can be used?
  4. If the light does not ship with the extender for 10440's, where can the extender be purchased at, and how much does it cost?
I don't need too much encouragement to buy lights like this... unfortunately:sick2:

Thank you for the help.

* It is Ti, you cannot treat Alu with AlTiN
* I doubt it ships with battery and charger
* No extender
* I think you can order it complete from Modamag, that is where I got mine.

All that being said......DO IT :wave:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're talking Draco, Let me ask, what is the current emitter being used in the Draco and are upgrade options available?

What is max output and for how long?

Crome Vs. Ti, Which and Why?

Difference between Draco and Drake.

Yes I know there are threads that cover this, but there are so many it is hard to wade through and figure out, so please induge me.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Add anything you think would be of value. It is not if I will get one, it is which will I order.

iconoclast

Enlightened
  1. Does this light ship with the battery and charger required (I believe it is a 10280)?

The ones straight from ModaMag come with battery and charger. I couldn't tell you if the Shoppe bundles it differently for some reason or not.

Crome Vs. Ti, Which and Why?

Because some folks just can't resist Ti.
Personally I think the AlTiN looks amazing. Other folks may prefer the straight up shiny of Crome.

Difference between Draco and Drake.

About 10mm (or just over 3/8 inch).
Also it's claimed that the Drake only puts out about 100 lumens compared to 160 from the Draco.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also it's claimed that the Drake only puts out about 100 lumens compared to 160 from the Draco.

i have both and the brightness difference is imperceptible. the consideration is size vs energy capacity. i prefer the drake, because its smaller. I carry another light as well as a backup just in case i need longer runtime(usually don't).

best light i have ever owned.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Made from Titanium 6AL-4V (TiN/TiCN/AlTiN)
The Al TiN Draco comes with a spacer, no rechargeable battery.
No extender, nor charger.

Last edited:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a gorgeous titanium tube that lights up at one end - I am struggling to see the reason for your indicision.

If I know you, you have bought one already anyhows!:twothumbs