Recommend a light for bike riding.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Anyone go bike riding at night or anything? Looking for something that isn't too expensive. Not too sure about what I'm willing to pay, guess it kind of depends on how good the light is IMO.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone go bike riding at night or anything? Looking for something that isn't too expensive. Not too sure about what I'm willing to pay, guess it kind of depends on how good the light is IMO.

What do you mean by bike riding at night? Like MTB in the woods and dirt trails, or in the city?
I'm not into serious MTB-biking at night, but I know that there are a bunch of people here who use their Fenix L2Ds for that. The light is worth the 55USD IMO, excellent general purpose light also. But there are other options.
Does it matter what kind of batteries it uses? Runtime? And an estimated budget?

Last edited:

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
This is gonna be around a college campus, so it's not really city, it's kind of suburban. I actually have some L2s, any idea how they use them? A specific mount or something? I'm looking for something that will use something rechargeable, NiMH and LiON are fine. Runtime doesn't have to be that long ~45-60min would be fine. I would like to limit it to under 100 dollars.

djblank87

Enlightened
I ride everyday and night for that matter and a light under a $100.00 to mount on your bike, I would say go to your local bike shop, sports store, wally mart or target.

I was lucky enough to come into a Cats Eye light that is very nice for my bike as it was a gift from a family member. I do know the one I have cost more than $100.00 but there are plenty on the market that you could get for under that.

Just do a google search, that at least will give you a starting point as to what you might be looking for.

Here is a link to Cat Eye : http://www.cateye.com

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is gonna be around a college campus, so it's not really city, it's kind of suburban. I actually have some L2s, any idea how they use them? A specific mount or something? I'm looking for something that will use something rechargeable, NiMH and LiON are fine. Runtime doesn't have to be that long ~45-60min would be fine. I would like to limit it to under 100 dollars.

You mean Surefire L2s or Fenix L2Ds? I'm not sure, but I think there are rechargable solutions for the L2s. The L2Ds runs best on NiMH.

Here are some mounting solution. IIRC the cheaper one is only suited for AA-lights.
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=bicycle&btnSearch=GO&Page=1

Pretty cheap solution. But if you're only using it in a suburban setting, I'll guess any light will do.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Twofish blocks. So far the best deal I've found is at the Fenix Store. I just got my 3x order in, but haven't had a chance to use them yet; maybe tonight or tomarow.

I think I'm going to run my rebel 5-mode DX light on the twofish (strobing) with my 15w halogen lamp "adapted" to my handlebars. I really gotta pick up a narrower mr11 soon though.