my new Tiablo A8Q5 doesn't work?

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
I've just put 2 new duracell CR123 s into it, and nothing? :candle: except I think an occasional blue flash - but it's hard to see. (haven't left it on more than a second as I don't want to knacker it up).

The cells are loose in the battery tube (left-to-right) is that normal? I'm presuming that 18650 are fatter? (I don't have any).

Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been able to leave it lit for 3 mins in low (as you should with new batteries) as it doesn't light up at all.

help please

maxilux

Enlightened
Why do you buy an A8 when you would work with CR123 ? the A9 is the better one for you. Why your A8 not runs? i don`t know. No work on first level?

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar problem with my MRV Q5. Unforunately for me the root cause was my accidential incorrect installation of the batteries.

I hope this isn't the case with your problem

CoolHands

Newly Enlightened
Ok it works now :thinking:

I noticed that each time I pressed the button, was when it would flash momentarily. After a few clicks it suddenly came on in low mode. I then left it for 3 mins and tried it on high.

it is now working perfectly, so I don't know what was going on at first. Could it be the switch just needed to be operated a few times?

WDG

Enlightened
While I'm not familiar with your light, I ran into something with the tailcap switch on the Fenix L1D-CE that you might want to check for. On the L1D, there is a threaded retaining ring inside which tightens down on the switch. When unscrewing the tailcap, friction with the tube would make this part unscrew a bit, until eventually the light wouldn't work, very much like you describe. I've tightend it back down several times, and finally gave up and switched to changing the battery by removing the head, instead of the tailcap.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For the Tiablo A8 or A8 Q5, you have to leave the light on low for a bit then switch to high. The limit of the driver is 6v so leaving it on low should drain the batteries from 6.something v combined to a more acceptable value.

For the A8, it is better to run rechargeable 18650 batteries.

USM0083

Enlightened
Ok it works now :thinking:

I noticed that each time I pressed the button, was when it would flash momentarily. After a few clicks it suddenly came on in low mode. I then left it for 3 mins and tried it on high.

it is now working perfectly, so I don't know what was going on at first. Could it be the switch just needed to be operated a few times?

My A8S would not easily switch to high for the first couple of days. I ran the new Battery Station CR123s down for a couple of minutes as directed, but would have to hit the switch hard to go to high. After a few minutes on in would work normally. When I switched to Surefire SF123s the problem went away. I now use Tenergy 18650s and have no problems at all.

Dobbler

Enlightened
For the Tiablo A8 or A8 Q5, you have to leave the light on low for a bit then switch to high. The limit of the driver is 6v so leaving it on low should drain the batteries from 6.something v combined to a more acceptable value.

For the A8, it is better to run rechargeable 18650 batteries.

This is why I went with the A9. Never happier.

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
FWIW the OP did say he tried to run the light on low first, as required, but it wouldn't power up on low either.