Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: What is missing?

Flashaholic

Default Re: What is missing?

Quote Originally Posted by fivemega View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sb_pete View Post
    How about this:
    A 1.5 D size mag85 like the 700L you are now making but with some changes:

- a battery holder with 2 options: 3x17670 -OR- 2p3s 16340 size. It could maybe have some kind of slider in the holder which you could pop in the middle to use 123 style batteries if necessary.

- either new AW D driver (or heatsinked kiu switch like in "12aa3d" model) or even cut it down further and use a tailswitch.

- Kiu LP style bezel in Aluminum done in HAIII with the light

Basically a less expensive, brighter, rechargeable M6 with FM styling and exclusivity.

I think that would sell for sure.
    This would be tail switch type 700L with Crown type bezel. Right?
    Yes more or less, making sure that the crown bezel matches the finish of the light itself. More important to me than a tailswitch though:
    - heatsinked bi-pin similar to the 12aa rechargeable model you have
    - battery holder able to use both 3s 17670 AND 2p3s 16340/cr123a primaries

Quote Originally Posted by missionaryman View Post
    One thing that shouldn't too hard or expensive to manufacture would be a tube to hold 18650's or 18500's in a stack of three. A double stack fits inside a bored mag tube but a triple only just falls short. The bigger tube should not need to be significantly bigger and then you can make the battery carriers to suit.

A 3s3p 18650 pack for example with protected cells would offer 6.6ah and 11.1v - 12A would only be drawing 2C on the batteries so high power hotwires with longer run times could be possible or even very long running mag85 etc.
    A 3s3p 18500 would give 11.1v 4500mah and still high current possibilities wit full protection and fit into a 2.5D

I think the extra capacity over 17500/17670 validates it
    +1
    Need to bore bodies to fit 3x17*** anyways, so might as well just get a body that fits 18***.
    Even cooler, maybe then use that body for the light talked about above for greater capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    You could make a fatter C-size body to fit the same head, for those who want the safer option of using these bulbs with "C" Li-Ions.
    Two options will give more choices to those who want thinner body size or more capacity.
    ----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by softfeel View Post

I would also like buy a high quality flashlight that use 4 AA's and PR-based bulbs.

High quality does not mean M@glite modifications. I'm talking about Surefire quality.
    I can definitly make such a flashlight but can't compete the price for 50 units. Even if I can, how many people will pay $400 for PR base 4AA flashlight?
    -----------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanator View Post
    Something in the size of the Beast II--Where I need a small suitcase to charge it. Also more affordable and DIY with options.
    Do you mean $urefire HID?
    -------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by leukos View Post
    FM, could we see some more 3x 17680 holders?
    I think you refering to 3x17670 like this.
    --------------------------
    A 3s3p 18650 pack for example with protected cells would offer 6.6ah and 11.1v - 12A would only be drawing 2C on the batteries so high power hotwires with longer run times could be possible or even very long running mag85 etc.
    3x18xxx will fit in Elephant body and very limited quantity of these 3P/3S 18650 was made and sold to CPF folks.
    Picture shows 2S/3P version.

well in that case as everyone else has been saying "more elephants" but is there a budget version you could concoct?
    "Let your light shine" - it's the one commandment we all obey...

I think this is missing:
    The micro 1185
    With AW’s 18500’s and 18650’s being able to fire up the 1185 we need the micro 1185
    Light would be the diameter of the 2” m*g head
    And approx 4” long
    It would be a twisty head like a Fenix P1D
    So the super micro would be a stock 2” head with a can to hold 3x18500
    Med micro would be 2” head with 3x 18650 can
    Both micros would support your deep 2” reflector.

You would modify your G4 bi pin socket to have threads on the outside and modify
    The removable cam operator on your dual function reflectors to have threads on the
    inside so the bi-pin could screw into the neck. (It could be screwed in or out for flood or
    spot)(I think this is what “cat was asking for in an earlier post)

Of course it could be little less than 2” diameter but then the m*g head parts
    wouldn’t work. And it could have a tail clicky and a charging jack,
    but I’m thinking keep the first version simple.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by molite View Post
    I think this is missing:
    The micro 1185
    With AW’s 18500’s and 18650’s being able to fire up the 1185 we need the micro 1185
    Light would be the diameter of the 2” m*g head
    And approx 4” long
    It would be a twisty head like a Fenix P1D
    So the super micro would be a stock 2” head with a can to hold 3x18500
    Med micro would be 2” head with 3x 18650 can
    Both micros would support your deep 2” reflector.

You would modify your G4 bi pin socket to have threads on the outside and modify
    The removable cam operator on your dual function reflectors to have threads on the
    inside so the bi-pin could screw into the neck. (It could be screwed in or out for flood or
    spot)(I think this is what “cat was asking for in an earlier post)

Of course it could be little less than 2” diameter but then the m*g head parts
    wouldn’t work. And it could have a tail clicky and a charging jack,
    but I’m thinking keep the first version simple.

I take it this is with the 3 all sitting parralel, wired in series, would be nice and short, but a tail clicky would be nice. Maybee with an extention to choose between 18500's or 18650s?

Flashaholic*

I'd like to see FM making a 2 X 18500 E2e clickie body for his E2e TL3 or other applications.

Simmilar to the 1 x 18500 E series body FM has already made here. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=179989

Would be good for your TL3 kit,

Also good for the F2 LED towers made here, by koala
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=172990

also good for the lumens factory 9V lamps

I would prefer all round knurling without cut out if you did them, but not a problem, but probably cheaper for you to machine.

Also would love them in black Ha for E2D head.

I spoke to FM and he would consider a run if there was enough interest

So show your interest if you fancy one.

well in that case as everyone else has been saying "more elephants" but is there a budget version you could concoct?
    Most expensive part of Elephant flashlight is the 3" head. Obviously, larger diameter and deeper reflector would cost more.
    Another big factor for total cost is the quantity.
    Price of complete Elephant flashlight can go as low as 50% (half) if I make 1000 units instead of 100 but is there such a demand in small CPF community?

--------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by molite View Post
    I think this is missing:
    The micro 1185
    Beleive it or not, similar flashlight is on the process but not as short as you mentioned.
    Imagine something like this with clicky tail switch, smaller and deeper reflector inside body and no head. This would be easily coat pocketable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul_Duke View Post
    I'd like to see FM making a 2 X 18500 E2e clickie body for his E2e TL3 or other applications.
    Simmilar to the 1 x 18500 E series body FM has already made here. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=179989
    Would be good for your TL3 kit,
    Most of E series owners love this flashlight because of small and pocketable size but I would gladly meke 2x18500 body if there is enough interest. In this case, CL1499 can be used which is much brighter.
    What else is missing?
    Last edited by fivemega; 12-07-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Edit:The Old Elephants (Old head design 2nd Gen were the nicest IMHO)
    The one pictured with the Elephant bodies.

What else could be made.

Elephants Elephants Elephants.
    And a Big Chunky D and C series Tailcap like the Surefire SW01.(Old style)

Other than that i think you got the base covered pretty well.
    Last edited by MorpheusT1; 12-01-2007 at 05:28 PM.

Flashaholic*

with clicky tail switch, smaller and deeper reflector inside body and no head. This would be easily coat pocketable.

Sounds great, but woulden't this setup with 2 x C liions, and 5167 be smaller and brighter? than '85 with 3 x 17670.

Most of E series owners love this flashlight because of small and pocketable size but I would gladly make 2x18500 body if there is enough interest. In this case, CL1499 can be used which is much brighter.

That was my plan with your FM E2e socket... if everybody else wanted one

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusT1 View Post
    The Old Elephants (Old head design were the nicest IMHO)
    I love the look of those original heads aswell, especially on the Elephants big chunky heat sink, but its a close battle between that and the second bunch of heads, and like the latest version the least, but, I still realy like the one I have got which is from the latest run

Trouble is I cant think what I would want to fit in there. How many 18650's will fit in there without extentions?

FM, I think you would sell 100 Elephants....especially if they look like those nice versions you show. I would recommend selling with/without 3" head since that drives up price so much that only a few can afford that.

Don't think you would sell many more than 100, but depending on price, who knows.

I think the main feature this demand for more elephants is showing is the desire for larger cell capability than standard Mag.

Personally, I think there would be a big demand for wide trunk Elephant that would fit two stacks of Emoli cells....don't even need much of a holder with these. Three of them are not that much larger than current elephant as shown by pix.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    FM, I think you would sell 100 Elephants....especially if they look like those nice versions you show. I would recommend selling with/without 3" head since that drives up price so much that only a few can afford that.

Don't think you would sell many more than 100, but depending on price, who knows.

I think the main feature this demand for more elephants is showing is the desire for larger cell capability than standard Mag.

Personally, I think there would be a big demand for wide trunk Elephant that would fit two stacks of Emoli cells....don't even need much of a holder with these. Three of them are not that much larger than current elephant as shown by pix.

"Exactamundo"

A picture is worth more than 1000 words.

I would be all over one or more of those in black HA, or that green elephant that lux has, I think, with a 3 emoli cell ( maybe tri bored, if it helps diameter,) with an extention for another 3, or more.

A123 would also fit if Emoli's were catered for, and with regards to those cells not being in supply the packs that they come in are just commonly available tool batterypacks that are simple to dissasemble. You can even buy A123 cell loose from RC dealers, if you go looking for them, or they are sold right here on CPF.

Flashaholic*

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I'd like to see a parallel 2 x 18650 host for such things like P91, with surfire C series bezle threads on one end and switch on the other.

As we talked about small "pocketable lights", I think an rectangular battery holder with the ability to run the P91.

Think of a rectangle body with two 18650 cells side buy side with all the corners smoothed & rounded off. Would sit nice and flat in the pocket, and could have a pocket clip attached for carry.

Maybee there would be a way of putting both cells forward for parralel use in 3.7V bulb / module, high capacity applications, or turn the cells opposite, ( with prehaps a drop in insert), and have series, for the D26 sockets you are going to make

with the D26 insert maybee we could move Up to higher lamp such as WA 7.2V lamps or CA1499

Ofcourse it would need a clicky tail switch, I will leave up to you how to build the tailcap and how to attach it each time, as it would be elliptical shaped, but remember, short is the key with this one.

Maybee the end cap could slide on instead of screw on, and be held in with double o-rings and friction?

Oh and Lux, the light is realy nice, but you ought to have a word; I think your squirrel has got unatural tendancies towards your elephant.

Oh and Lux, the light is realy nice, but you ought to have a word; I think your squirrel has got unatural tendancies towards your elephant.
    I talked to him, and apparently he believes there are random nuts tossed about by his "simpatico pachyderm" (he actually refers to him as "my simpatico pachyderm"). I decided not to get in the middle of it.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by LuxLuthor View Post
    I talked to him, and apparently he believes there are random nuts tossed about by his "simpatico pachyderm" (he actually refers to him as "my simpatico pachyderm"). I decided not to get in the middle of it.

I doubt he would find him the ideal congenial companion anymore, if he accidently bumped the ON switch

Back on topic, how many 18650's will fit in an Elephant, without extentions?

I doubt he would find him the ideal congenial companion anymore, if he accidently bumped the ON switch

Back on topic, how many 18650's will fit in an Elephant, without extentions?

SF E2E with regulated output, 150 lumen for two hours.
    SF M6 like, maybe something with a smaller body, regulated output for 5hours, with 800

*Flashaholic*

I'd like to see another run of these:

I think it's the best looking 3" Mag head I've seen so far.

Offer it in both D and C sizes, or, better yet, make it only for D, but also offer an adapter to git it to a C tube.

Offer it with the same lens bezel, but also offer a couple of different dress bezels.

Offer it with matching color D and C tubes, tri-bored and quad-bored D's.

Make it stock Mag inside, so folks could use the growing LED drop-in offerings, or your own bi-pin sockets for incans.

Yum!

Flashaholic

[b] Beleive it or not, similar flashlight is on the process but not as short as you mentioned.
    Imagine something like this with clicky tail switch, smaller and deeper reflector inside body and no head. This would be easily coat pocketable.
    Oooh!

I really like this idea. It is like taking the FM made M6 competitor one step further.

Just a thought: if it is tri-bored to accept a 3x17670, then it should also be able to accept a 4x14xxx holder as well. If you also offered a second holder type in 2s2p config then people could also use 7.2v bulbs like the WA1111, ROP, or phillips 5761. Obviously 4x14670 would be ideal, but I don't think many people have or use those (I could be wrong) so maybe include a spacer so that 4x14500 could be used instead. Not sure how well 14500's would work on a 1561 bulb with 5.5a (?) draw but maybe it would work in 2p2s?

This way people would be able to use 17670, 17500, 14670, or 14500 to power the whole spectrum of ~7v and ~11v hotwire bulbs in a pocketable light saber to make all M6 owners with envy!

Also, since you would be custom making the bezel for such a light, let me put in a request now that it be lightly (LP) crenelated. Not strike bezel style, but just enough to let light leak out the sides if you set it bezel down and it is turned on. Man this could be cool...

Varooj,

One other small thing....for those that want to put an Emoli or A123 cell(s) in a Mag C, it needs to be bored out just a bit. While a small amount of boring can be done with a Brake Hone used in an ordinary drill, this might be a simple thing to offer.

+1 for the lovely FM3H head.

1) A regulated version of the mini 700L pictured below on the left.

2) 2 or 3 C cell angle head light. (That could take C li-ions)

3) A battery pack for the Surefire M6 like the 700L and an axial bulb that runs well on that pack. It'd make a nice rechargable M6 that can be swapped back to normal in a couple of minutes.

-LT
    Last edited by Lunal_Tic; 12-08-2007 at 04:31 AM.
    lunal tic (n)
    a distinctive behavioral trait or quirk directly related to or caused by light [15th cent. Latin lunaris. Ultimately from an IE word meaning “light,”] and [Early 19th cent. Italian ticchio.] see also: moon quirk

*Flashaholic*

Sorely missing is a reasonably priced charger which will handle more than 2 Li-Ion cells, and charge the larger capacity cells faster than the Ultrafire. Why do all the options fall at either the cheap end of the spectrum, or the other end, with several hundred dollar power supply/balancer/charger systems? Give us an affordable all-in-one smartcharger/balancer which will handle 6 Li-Ion C cells, 18650, etc..

I want to see someone make a mag85 with a car battery and a backpack.

Bored out Surefire 9P body to run 2x 18500 cells to be able to power a P91 for around 35 minutes, or a custom HA 2x 18650 C-C body to power a P91 for around 50 minutes, since Leef is all sold out. That would make me happy! Not sure exactly when I could afford those, but I'm interested in the not to distant future.

Or a stock Mag 3C cut down to run 2 of AW's C-cells, and likewise with a 4C cut down to fit 3C cells. No fancy patterns or anodizing, keep it simple and reasonably priced, i.e., just a cut down. I think there'd be a HUGE market for those.
    Last edited by kavvika; 12-10-2007 at 08:46 PM.

What else is missing?
    I've been watching this thread with great interest, and while I am likely still classified as a Nu-B, at this stage of the game, this thread BEGS the question: "What do YOU think is missing?"

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by kavvika View Post
    Or a stock Mag 3C cut down to run 2 of AW's C-cells, and likewise with a 4C cut down to fit 3C cells. No fancy patterns or anodizing, keep it simple and reasonably priced, i.e., just a cut down. I think there'd be a HUGE market for those.
    CPFer "Ledean" already makes these...

Flashaholic*

Beleive it or not, similar flashlight is on the process but not as short as you mentioned.
    I LOVE the sound of that!

I'll tell you what's missing - a switch and bulb holder assembly that doesn't melt whether it's a PR or bipin, AW has sorted out the latter, Mac sorted out the PR based on his first limited run of custom ROPs but how about something ongoing.
    "Let your light shine" - it's the one commandment we all obey...

Super Moderator

4 inch version of the FM3V-2 !!
    It is a fantastic turbohead - an even larger version would be superb.
    Resistance is futile...

Any chance of another run of M*C wide tailcaps for AW C batteries, but with black anodizing? (could be made of aluminum?)
    Surefire A2 Aviator . If you like this place, you can donate to CPF here